CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to CED's, SFT100W with problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
petey293

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: New to CED's, SFT100W with problems Reply with quote

I have been fascinated with these things for a while now, and when I saw an SFT100W at a local thrift shop for $10, I had to get it. I also grabbed Thunderbirds Are Go and Monty Python's Life of Brian from a bunch of CEDs in a milk crate near the player. I got home and it fired right up, but I quickly noticed that there was no sound or color (just B/W) to either of the videos. There was also some skipping going on. I only know a little bit about how these players work, but I would have no idea where to start looking for the problems. Could this be something basic like a worn stylus, or am I going to have to tear it apart and start replacing some electronic components? I may be able to take a video if that helps at all.
mxpxpunkrock1987

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: sft100w Reply with quote

yeah no sound or video means turn table belt and read head needs to be cleaned contact john for oe parts and he check and cleans 149000 stylus
http://cedatum.com/17601.html
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First test with known good stylus or get the stylus cleaned/rebuilt by Cedatum.

After that, if still problematic, remove and clean turntable belt, and pully & turntable where belt rides, clean well. That can possibly solve it.

If not, replace turntable belt.
petey293

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a good place to start, thanks guys.
mxpxpunkrock1987

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: repost Reply with quote

no problem just be ware if u need the pdf for the machine i have it and its also on here for people to use to fix there machine as i needed it but i have a sgt100w that does not wana work and i know the main controller is shot so if u need parts i got u covered
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: