CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turntable Problems with SFT 100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbone47977

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Turntable Problems with SFT 100 Reply with quote

Hey guys I am having trouble with player. Just got this one and when I put a disc in it plays fine. Then when I go to take out it spin down sounds like its rubbing and when i insert caddie it doesnt pick up disc. it goes over the top of it. Any suggestions on repair or adjusting turntable.
Thanks
mxpxpunkrock1987

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: edit Reply with quote

http://cedatum.com/17601.html contact john stevens here he can help u on that hes a pro
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turntable platter height is off a bit and lever may need adjustment. It isn't rising up enough to be lined up properly with the caddy when removing the disc.

It's okay when inserting the disc because the disc just drops down on the platter anyway.
tbone47977

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Thanks for Info Reply with quote

Thanks for info guys. My buddy had a copy of service manual so I may take a look and see if I can tackle myself.
mxpxpunkrock1987

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: repost Reply with quote

adjust lower height arm 1/4 socket loosen put to low postion arm should be slight angled if u have to put in play with power off no disk or caddy in it make sure white arm is straight use something to budge turn table up make sure screw is loose
tbone47977

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Thanks for advice Reply with quote

I will try adjusting slider cam. Thanks for your advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: