CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheap CED Discs for Sale Any One? (wanting)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
systemcat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Cheap CED Discs for Sale Any One? (wanting) Reply with quote

My new player should be coming in any day now but I'm now at a major pause for buying from eBay over the discs. I attempted to buy a disc from one seller and to put it lightly they acted like a troll and I politely asked the company to ban them having contact with me. One person I bought a small collection from I've learned isn't that far from my location and said they had 200 discs for sale. Most in good shape but when I tried to ask for the location of the Flea Market they said they worked from offline I got no answer in turn. Simply stating "HWY 59" isn't a good set of directions.

What I'm trying to do right now is build up a good collection again. Before a disaster a few years back I owned 46 discs ....well 45 with the fact I mistakenly bought an empty cattie.

My location is Houston and I can't afford to drive far away. Either local pick up or reasonable post would be the way for delivery.
wildrumpus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: I have machines and discs for sale Reply with quote

Please contact me wild DOT rumpus AT hotmail DOT com
systemcat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to email you. Please check your junk folder since most services believe my address is spam.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about 300 extras I'd be happy to let go for a buck each. I can get you a list if your interested. Buy 1, 2, 10, or buy them all. I live in Mankato, MN so there would be shipping involved. Also I know that Tony, or SelectaVision420 also has a ton of discs he's looking to move if your willing to pay shipping. Options are out there. Thanks.
61cubby

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: discs for sale Reply with quote

Hello Ketonic

I live in Rosemount, MN and could be interested in purchasing some discs from you. Do you have a list you could send me? Thanks
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello 61cubby, pleased to meet another MN collector. I don't think there are too many of us out here. My list that I have is from November and I've sold quite a few since then so I was going to work on updating it today. I also have 30 or so that I've acquired since I made the list that need to be added to it as well. I will work on that today and post it here later tonight. So out of curiosity how many discs do you have and what player/s? I do also have a dozen or so players and I would sell one or two if you need one. I am also up for trades if you've got any you're looking to let go that I need. I am trying to get every disc. So far I've got less than 400 to go, and half of those I've located but haven't purchased yet. I don't know if you watch craigslist but I probably picked up several hundred discs from up in the cities. I've been meaning to check out the half price book stores up there as I've heard they carry discs a lot of the times but I've never had a chance to yet. If you've ever been to any or plan to let me know the results. Well I guess that's my story so I'll go work on that list. Thanks and pleased to make your acquaintance.
systemcat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent that email ...no reply.

ketonic_dude, do you accept Paypal? Another member here and I, we tried to make a transaction of me getting a spare parts player. I only had to pay for the shipping but the deal fell through due to it was not according to what the member was informed by the USPS "acceptable" (Paypal). Also all of these discs, have they been tested? I've now run this by two people and well I'm convinced I bought a mostly bad lot from one person on eBay. Only three of nine discs sold played.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry systemcat, I never got your email for some reason. Not the first time that's happened recently and I'm starting to wonder what's going on. But besides that, yes I do have paypal and I ship USPS Media Mail insured. I am also not a fan of ebay especially selling on ebay. Buying not as bad but there are so many fee's and things that go wrong when selling that it's not even worth it. That's probably why I have so many discs as I only sell them on facebook and this is the first time I've ever posted discs for sale here. But without further ado here they are. The first and biggest lot are all $1 each, 2-disc movies included. I also have a list of disc that are pending, these are discs people have said they wanted from me but I have not received any money so if you've got the cash for them then they can be yours, these are all $1 discs as well. Then I also have a list of discs that I would like to get more than $1 for, some I would like $3 some $5...and so on so I just grouped them all together and said make me an offer, feel free to bundle. I also have quite a few partial movies, empty caddies, etc. If you need any of them. Shipping is $3 for the first disc and $1 each disc after that. 61cubby, your welcome to pick discs up in person or if I happen to be headed up that way I can let you know and meet up with you. Thanks guys and let me know if you have any questions.

Extra CED's as of 02/04/2013

"10" x2
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
48 Hrs.
A Streetcar Named Desire x2
Absence of Malice
American Gigolo
An Officer and a Gentleman x3
And Justice for All x2
Anne
Apocalypse Now x3
Arthur x2
Author! Author!
Back Roads x2
Bells are Ringing
Best Friends
Big Bad Mama (Broken Corner)
Billy Joel Live From Long Island x2
Blue Thunder
Born Free
Brigadoon x2
Brubaker
Casablanca x2
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof x2
Chariots of Fire
Chinatown
Citizen Cane
Clarence Darrow
Clash of the Titans
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Coal Miners Daughter
Coming Home
Cruising
Cutter's Way
Diner x2
Dirty Harry
Doctor Dolittle
Don't Look Now x2
Dragon Slayer x2
Easter Parade
Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex
Eyes of Laura Mars
Fame
Farewell My Lovely
Fiddler on the Roof
Flashdance
Footloose
Foul Play x3
FTT Jack and the Beanstalk
FTT Tale of the Frog Prince
FTT The Nightingale
Gandhi x2
Gulliver's Travels
Henry V
High Noon x2
History of the World Part 1
Iceman
Jezebel
Joan of Arc
Kidnapped
King of Hearts
Kramer vs. Kramer x4
La Cage Aux Folles
Little House on the Prairie
Man of La Mancha
Mash the Motion Picture x2
Max Dugan Returns
Monsignor
Murder on the Orient Express
My Favorite Year
Norma Rae
North to Alaska
Oklahoma
On Golden Pond x2
On the Town x2
Ordinary People x2
Paternity
Pippin
Playboy Video Vol. 5 (Damaged Corner)
Porky's II
Private Lessons
Raging Bull
Rebel Without a Cause
Reds
Revenge of the Pink Panther (RCA) x3
Richard Pryor Some Kind of Hero
Rocky (RCA)
Rocky III
Royal Wedding
Savannah Smiles
Shōgun x2
Simon and Garfunkel The Concert in Central Park
Singing in the Rain (RCA)
Six Weeks
Some Like It Hot
South Pacific
Splash x2
Stagecoach x3
Star Trek II
Star Trek Menagerie
Starting Over x2
Stir Crazy x3
Stripes x2
Stroker Ace x2
Table for Five x2
Taps
Tender Mercies
Tess
The Absent-Minded Professor
The Alamo
The Blue Lagoon
The Champ
The Count of Monte-Cristo x2
The Deep
The Elephant Man
The Goodbye Girl x2
The Great Caruso
The Great Escape
The Great Locomotive Chase
The Greatest Show on Earth
The Horse Soldiers (RCA)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame x2
The In-Laws
The Magnificent Seven RCA
The Maltese Falcon
The Man From Snowy River x2
The Man Who Came to Dinner
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
The Miracle of Lake Placid
The Muppet Movie
The Muppets Take Manhattan
The Nutcracker x2
The Pink Panther
The Red Shoes
The Return of the Pink Panther x3
The Rosebud Beach Hotel (Damaged Corner)
The Russians are Coming (CBS)
The Russians Are Coming (RCA)
The Searchers
The Seven Year Itch (RCA)
The Spy Who Loved Me x2
The Three Musketeers (1973) x2
The Way We Were
Tribute x2
Used Cars
Victor Victoria
Victory at Sea x2
What's up Doc?
White Lightning (RCA)
Yes Giorgio

Pending Purchase (May still be available)
The Fugitive The Final Episode
Henry V
Pavarotti in London
Billy Joel Live From Long Island
Brigadoon
Diana Ross
James Bond: On Her Majesty's Secret Service (2-disc movie)
James Bond: The Spy Who Loved Me
Royal Wedding
Richard Pryor Live on the Sunset Strip (has a broken corner so it won't work on auto-load players)
The Toy
Star Trek The Menagerie
Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan
48 Hrs.
Trading Places
Neil Diamond Love at the Greek
The Godfather (2-disc movie)
Airplane!
Shōgun

The following movies I would need more than $1 for, make me an offer.
The Howling
Poltergeist
The Omen
First Blood
Romancing the Stone
Good Guys Wear Black
Escape From New York
Young Frankenstein
Swamp Thing
Playboy Video Vol. 1
Playboy Video Vol. 2
Friday the 13th Part IV The Final Chapter
Love at First Bite
The Four Musketeers
Capricorn One
Death Hunt
Psycho
American Werewolf in London
Tut the Boy King
Jesus of Nazareth 4-Disc Box Set

I also have a nice copy of Back to the Future that I’m asking $20 obo.

Partial Movies
Fiddler on the Roof Part 1
Terms of Endearment Part 2
The Natural Part 2
Octopussy Part 2
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Part 2, Part 1 is Missing Disc
True Grit Part 1
Fame Part 2
The Green Berets Part 1
Mary Poppins Part 2
Moses Part 1 x2
Yentl Part 1
The Boat Part 2
The Pride of the Yankees Part 1
The Godfather Part 1
Chinatown Part 1
Greystoke Tarzan Part 2 x2
The Little Drummer Girl Part 2
North By Northwest Part 1
Exodus Part 2
Firefox Part 1
The Jerk (caddy only)
Animal House (caddy only)
Michael Jackson's Thriller (caddy only)
The Big Red One (caddy only)
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah and as far as checking the discs I can email pics if you want to see what they look like and if there is a specific title or two you would like me to test I can but to test all these discs would take forever and I don't have that kind of time. Most used discs experience some skippage even when they look perfect. It's rare to get a disc that plays perfectly. I've played hundreds of discs on different players and maybe 1 percent play perfect. It's a 30+ year old format so you have to expect its kinks and quirks. But I can check to make sure they play acceptable and if its unwatchable I will certainly let you know. Also the discs with broken corners, I think I have 2 or 3 of them that are listed, it says which ones they are, but the top tabs on one corner have broken off in shipping and they won't play on auto-load players but are still watchable on manual load players, the SFT-100 would be fine. Thanks.
systemcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The email was sent to wildrumpus. Sorry, but I live no where near you for pick up. Tried updating my profile the other day and the forum refused to accept the changes. I'm in TX. . I'd like to place a small order for now, I hope that's doable. So with shipping how much would this cost? Also, if you could test them out before we do a transaction that is very much wanted. Lucky me for owning the model you piped up about. Oh, and are any of these two disc type? (Hopping they aren't missing in discs).

Clash of the Titans
Footloose
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For

Clash of the Titans
Footloose

with shipping it would be a grand total of $9.

I will test them out and let you know how they play.
systemcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can afford that. Minor glitches I'm ok with, I'm used to them with this format. Unplayable is what I want to avoid. I'm sure you know the definition in CED playing terms what that means. Once you know if they can play or not. If they do play, we'll exchange information for this transaction such as my email with Paypal and my delivery address. I'd like you to send me an invoice through them in regards to paying you.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright systemcat, I pulled those discs and checked 'em out. They all played great, you will be pleased. Let me know your paypal address and I'll get an invoice sent to you.
systemcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Cool . Ok, here's my email associated with Paypal, it's also my main email account. I'm going to break it up for fear of spambot services seeing it.

systemcat (at) buckrogers26thcentury (dot) com

Please email me there for my shipping address since what Paypal has on file won't match. I use my P.O. Box for my mail and they have my psychical address on record.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

systemcat wrote:

ketonic_dude, do you accept Paypal? Another member here and I, we tried to make a transaction of me getting a spare parts player. I only had to pay for the shipping but the deal fell through due to it was not according to what the member was informed by the USPS "acceptable" (Paypal). Also all of these discs, have they been tested? I've now run this by two people and well I'm convinced I bought a mostly bad lot from one person on eBay. Only three of nine discs sold played.

For clarification on that deal, which was for one of my parts players, I quoted the USPS online parcel post price for shipping that paypal used to offer, and then suddenly they stopped offering that option right when you paid me, so I refunded the $$

I too was disappointed about that but to send it via paypal shipping would have meant shipping via priority mail about double the rate I quoted, or sending me a payment via mail, which you didn't want to do.

However, the members here can vouch that I would make good on any payment sent by mail to me for the item wanted.

Still, I hope the advice I provided in email helped with getting your player operating well.
blindfury420

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll vouch! If he gets the money he will send it! Rick has always been awesome about payment and shipping!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
systemcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rixrex wrote:
systemcat wrote:

For clarification on that deal, which was for one of my parts players, I quoted the USPS online parcel post price for shipping that paypal used to offer, and then suddenly they stopped offering that option right when you paid me, so I refunded the $$

I too was disappointed about that but to send it via paypal shipping would have meant shipping via priority mail about double the rate I quoted, or sending me a payment via mail, which you didn't want to do.

However, the members here can vouch that I would make good on any payment sent by mail to me for the item wanted.

Still, I hope the advice I provided in email helped with getting your player operating well.

I'm sure you're good for it. I just find it a shame how the USPS wouldn't go for it. I'm sure transactions with you are all cool *gives hug*.

I wish I could follow through with your advice but I'm too scared to open it up to do the work my self. That's why I talked James into doing it for me. I have no clue if you and him have been in contact on not. He's a very busy person but he is aware my player has problems because I've told him of them. Even sent him an email showing only what we've talked about in regards to the player's issues and your repair solutions. I know as soon as he has the time he's going to do the work. The only thing that bums me is ...I haven't told him yet I didn't get the spare parts player. I'll be telling him this evening. He's stopping by my place to deliver on promised help from the other day. I'll go into that in definition if wanted. It doesn't have to to with normal discussion here.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Systemcat, your invoice has been sent. I can also say that Rixrex is a standup guy and you'll never have any problems on his end if you want to complete a deal outside of paypal. Personally I could care less for paypal as they've never done anything for me but take a percentage of my sales. I prefer to receive payment as other or friends and family through paypal so they don't take any of my money. But I digress. Let me know where you want your discs sent, my email is the same as my paypal if you don't feel comfortable posting it on the forum here. Thanks and let me know if you ever want any more discs.

Josh
systemcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just paid the invoice and at the same time discovered my P.O. Box address was on file with them. I don't even remember entering it but hey at least now shipping with them is a little less complex. I changed which address I use for shipping with them so you can send the discs to the address you see in the confirmation of me paying you.

I don't mind Paypal, I just wish it was more widely accepted across the net. More than once I've wished that when buying from Amazon. The fee they charge doesn't brother me because well I've never been the seller. I don't have any thing psychical worth to selling I'm willing to part with. My main dealings with them in the past have been getting paid for art commissions I've done for people. Digital art since no one has ever commissioned me for traditionally made pieces over the net.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, I'll get it packaged up and mailed off tomorrow. Thanks.
systemcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Smile .
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mailed them yesterday, Friday. Should be there shortly. Thanks.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news Systemcat, I just got the discs back in the mail today. I'm not sure if they were just returned or what but the label I put on it was gone. I'm thinking maybe it got ripped off in a sort, or maybe it got damaged so they removed it. Not sure. I had it taped on with packaging tape really well, like I do with the hundreds of other packages I've sent and I've never had a problem. It also looks like they opened it and then resealed it. But usually when the post office does that they put a sticker on saying that it was inspected. That happens quite a bit with Media Mail as they want to make sure only qualifying items are being shipped. CED's do qualify for media mail and I have received several that had been inspected. I'm just going to refund your money and take a loss, if I try to send it again and for some reason, weather they don't accept them at PO boxes, or something else goes wrong, it would just get returned again and I'd be out even more money. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If you have a physical address I could try to resend them to that in case the PO box is the problem. I don't know, it's the first time this has happened to me so I'm a little dumbfounded about what's going on here. I guess just let me know how you would like to proceed. Thanks.
systemcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the notice from Paypal and didn't know till today about the message you just posted.

What a bummer. I was really looking forward to getting those. One has a memory attached to it with it being the first to be played though my old desktop computer. I'd give you my physical address if I thought it would help. You'd have to use UPS or Fedex in that case. The USPS has awful habits when delivering any thing to me where I actually live. That's the reason I pay for a P.O. Box. I'm sure the price would go up in shipping with UPS or Fedex. If you're game to the idea, tell me what either of them would cost, you'd use. If it's too much, then I'm sorry. ..I seem to have bad luck with this don't I Crying or Very sad ?
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending them UPS or FedEx isn't really cost effective considering how little the discs are worth. I just checked FedEx rates and it's $18 to send them. I can do it if you want but again there's no guarantee they will get there. I'd say your probably better off to check Craigslist or put an ad in your local newpaper and buy some in person. You can also check Half-Price book stores if you have any in your area. Or just check thrift stores and you might get lucky. I'd say eBay is good but most people won't ship to a PO box and it might get returned too. Like I said before I don't know why it got returned. If you want me to try sending them FedEx let me know and I can, but if I were you I'd try to find some locally.
mxpxpunkrock1987

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: hi there about the ced's Reply with quote

i would like to know what you still have left as i am looking for some titles as I've been buying them here and there
systemcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ketonic_dude wrote:
Sending them UPS or FedEx isn't really cost effective considering how little the discs are worth. I just checked FedEx rates and it's $18 to send them. I can do it if you want but again there's no guarantee they will get there. I'd say your probably better off to check Craigslist or put an ad in your local newpaper and buy some in person. You can also check Half-Price book stores if you have any in your area. Or just check thrift stores and you might get lucky. I'd say eBay is good but most people won't ship to a PO box and it might get returned too. Like I said before I don't know why it got returned. If you want me to try sending them FedEx let me know and I can, but if I were you I'd try to find some locally.

Thanks for taking the time out to try having business with me, I wish it could have worked out.

18 dollars is just a bit too high considering what is being shipped at what it's being bought for, but thanks any way. I've never had a problem with online buying before recently. First the postal system refuses to take Paypal and now they're returning the post without explanation. I don't think highly of Craigslist and have doubts over the local paper. I'd never thought to ask Half-Price Books before. That might be a good idea considering an offline friend of mine is friends with a person in touch with their inventory system. My dealings with eBay so far have had no one complaining to me over using my P.O. Box. What's rich is that one time so far I've ordered CEDs through them. The package was well made. Plenty of padding to prevent damage to the discs. But most of them didn't play. I got my money refunded that time too, over nicely I might add. They gave me more than I requested back. He said he had a working player up till a month or so ago but the discs had not been tested in some time. I'll just ask the seller next time to test before I buy.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: hi there about the ced's Reply with quote

mxpxpunkrock1987 wrote:
i would like to know what you still have left as i am looking for some titles as I've been buying them here and there

Please refer to the list I posted, they are all still available at this point. Thanks.
burdawg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: I'll take these if still available Reply with quote

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Casablanca
Great Escape
Henry V
The Maltese Falcon

Looks like $5.00 plus $7.00 for shipping. If that's good let me know your paypal id and I'll send a payment.

Thanks
mxpxpunkrock1987

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

i see u have bttf as i like that and some others u have will let u know in a week have to check all of my ceds and do u have heman vol 1 as this is one in search and she ra theres a couple filmanation ceds i'm looking for
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: