CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Money hungry sob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Money hungry sob Reply with quote

Hi,

Just wanted to let you all hear a quick story. Went to a local flea market, this past weekend. Saw a SJT100 player and about 10 CEDs. Jackass seller wanted $150! Damn money hungry fool. Anyhow, anyone looking to unload a SJT100? Thanks again.

Mark
7jlong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: They're everywhere. Reply with quote

Indoor flea markets are tricky because the sellers don't have to unpack and set everything up week after week. I have better luck at the outdoor ones, where the poor people can't bear the thought of lifting a boxload of SelectaVision ever again in their lives.

There is a guy who has a booth in an indoor market near my parents. For the past four years he has had the same box of CEDs. Every year he barks at me for opening the caddy to look at disc condition. Every year he tells me five dollars each. Every year he gives me this weird speech about "even if they don't have a player people will buy them to hang on their walls". Every year I shrug and leave. Every year I find every single title he had the year before - including his coveted Star Wars and Empire discs which he wants $20 each for.

'Selectavision Wall Art' apparently still hasn't caught on - but when it does, this guy will be a pioneer.

Jim

(yes, I know there are people out there who display caddies in all sorts of configurations. but i would be awfully surprised to find someone who did this who wasn't already a CED fan and user)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen that weirdo on Ebay selling "very RARE!" CEDs in the $100 range? They had a bunch including the Grateful Dead and the mono version of Gimme Shelter with Buy It Now prices of $295 each! Right now they just have the Big Fights Vol. 1 with minimum bid of $89, or buy it now for $120. I scored an Avon Success Network disc (#6, very cool) from the same guy for $20 though, which I found when I got curious as to who would sell at such ridiculous prices.
I've seen at least 2 people selling the Peter Allen & The Rockettes disc for an outrageous amount too- right now someone's got it up starting at $40, it's pictured with a stereo player but it's not included with it. What's so special about this disc? I've had a copy for a long time but never got around to watching it. The auction says "You can back it up to VHS or DVD with the right equipment" Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: