CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome to the CED forum!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the CED forum! Reply with quote

Hello All:

CED Forum is the new way to post messages to CED Digest. My Internet service provider recently put into place severe restrictions on how many email addresses a single message can be sent to and also limits how fast messages can be sent. This is to fight spam, but it makes using the Blind Carbon Copy (BCC) method of distributing CED Digest difficult.

CED Digest will continue to exist, but instead of submitting messages to an email address, you will instead submit them to this forum, and I'll gather them up and do a mass email to all forum members once a week that will also include the history column. Note that you must register with this CED Magic forum (via the Register button near the top of the page) to continue receiving CED Digest.

This forum addresses the No. 1 complaint I have been getting about CED Digest - the lag time between someone submitting a query, its appearance in the Digest, and the appearance of any responses in subsequent issues of CED Digest. With this forum being available 24/7, posting and responding to posts within the forum can be immediate.

The forum is somewhat self-explanatory, but if you have any questions on how it works, go to the FAQ link near the top of the page, or email me.

Thanks,

Tom Howe
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! I'll add this to the forums I check on a daily basis- hopefully there'll be enough activity here!
DanielG

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for starting this -- it will be a great way to ask new questions and become an archive for answers for us all.

thanks again

Dan
moonmulligan

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Machines Reply with quote

Hi Tom, I've been getting your letters for some 2 years or more and find them very interesting.
I have two players, a Zenith VP2000 which works well and a Toshiba VP100C which lacks a turntable belt (and requires the belt drive modification kit ) but would work with this and it has has a stylus.
I have about 70 titles, some of which I have yet to view and 2 or 3 unopened as yet!!
Keep up the good work Tom, I appreciate your labor of love.
REXBURKS

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Goldmine!! Reply with quote

Tom,

Kudos on the new forum and all of your great work.

I was delighted to see CED featured with Chuck Miller's full page story in the new Goldmine - your excellent site was also mentioned.

Rex Burks
Dallas, TX
hbo3

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PROPS on starting the boards, Tom.
Latest discs:
Return Of The Jedi SEALED! (Purchased at Ken Cranes right here in Orange County)
Soylent Green SEALED
Jesus Of Nazareth (Discs decent shape, box a little beat up) Sad

Sk8 Or Die... -Chris-
VintageTV

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Thank You for this Forum Reply with quote

It's great to have a forum for my Videodisc player. The perfect companion to my vintage TV!!! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Great place! Reply with quote

Tom,

I have been getting your emails since 1997 when I was attending college at The University of North Alabama, and here it is 2004!! WOW! Keep it going!
BTW: I loved that cool pen that you sent @ Christmas!

G. Glover
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: RE: Welcome to CED Magic Forum Reply with quote

Thank you all for the feedback on the new forum, and thanks Rex for the heads up on the CED article in _Goldmine_. I was wondering why there was a sudden cluster of CD-ROM orders, which corresponded with its publication.

Chuck Miller has some of his Collectormania! articles archived on his web site (including an RCA Nipper article), so perhaps the CED article will turn up there:

http://members.aol.com/clctrmania/

--Tom Howe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: