CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Player Repair Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Player Repair Question Reply with quote

I just got a Sears Model 934.54811350 in a lot that I bought. The guy said it didn't work, I tried to put a disc in but the tabs on the edges wouldn't go down to allow a disc to be inserted. I pulled the cover off and flipped the mainboard up and there is a little motor to the right of the wheel that had a belt that turned to goo. Apparently it raises and lowers the platform to allow a disc to be inserted. Is this the loading belt? Where might I order a new one.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/ketonic_dude/Sears.jpg

Also I got a SFT100W that the turntable wabbles when it spins. Not too bad but just enough to shake the picture on the TV, any idea how to fix this? In addition there was a little plastic piece that was sitting in the bottom tray that apparently broke off somewhere. Could this be the problem? I couldn't find any spot that it broke off at. Here are pics, there are some numbers on the piece. Thanks.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/ketonic_dude/Part3.jpg
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/ketonic_dude/Part2.jpg
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/ketonic_dude/Part1.jpg

Thanks all.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes on the sears one, the belt prolly slipped and never fully lowered or raised the tray, so it turned to goo instead of being replaced. and you cant insert a disc unless the tray is in the fully up position. i noticed when mine started to slip it would keep trying to raise the tray to reject the disc but it didnt have enough friction. you can manually wind the gear to make it go up or down, make sure its in the up position when ur finished Smile
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, where did you order a replacement belt and what's the part number? Thanks.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got it from here actually! i wasnt sure if mine was a new style hitachi or an old style, so i just ordered all the hitachi belts ( they are like 2.00 a piece and there are 4 styles i think ) i think mine ended up being a new style because it has the big orange belt to drive the stylus tracking arm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: