CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New UK member ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KansasCityMilkman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: New UK member ... Reply with quote

Hi folks.
New member here from the UK (Norfolk / Suffolk border). And no I'm not a milkman from Kansas!! (anyone care to guess where the name comes from?!!).
Anyway, I've come into CED by accident really. I was trawling through eBay one night when I came across what I thought was a laserdisc of a short film / pop video called Mantrap featuring the band ABC. It's a great film but my VHS copy is worn out.
I mentioned it to a mate of mine who's a bit of an expert on these things and he informed me it's a CED which I must ashameably confess I had never heard of before.
Anyway, I took delivery of the item and since then have been on the search for a PAL version.
I could have kicked myself at the weekend as a pair of GEC's appeared on eBay only 25 miles from where I live and only sold for £25. I had assumed the auction ended Monday night when it was in fact Sunday. Mind you they hadn't been tested so may have been knackered - apparently came out of a house clearance although they came with spare stylus.
These are the first UK playes I've seen for sale so far so if anyone's got one for sale or hears of one please let me know.
Anyone local to me who could show me how these things work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: