CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to fix my player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaronpark

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Trying to fix my player Reply with quote

ok, so my player had two belts broken that have since been fixed. However, now the arm with the stylus will move over the disk, it will stay there for a few seconds and then return to its starting position. The result is that nothing ever plays.

I have a Sears model number 934.54780150
aaronpark

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaronpark

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
cbertra2

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had two players do this but they were Toshiba players. When the arm moves over the disc and the stylus drops down, if no signal is detected the styus lifts back up and the arm returns to the home position. Since most players are shipped without a shipping screw that secures the arm it gets bent during shipping. It can work just the other way also that the arm moves over the disc and starts past the beginning. Check to see if the arm is perpendiculer to the guide rails. I gently bent the arm back into position. The Hitachi built players which include Sears and Realistic have a screw that can be adjusted to control where the stylus lands on the disc but if the arm is bent to far there is not enough adjustment.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to CEDmagic!!! I have a player like yours, and mine does that at times, but it is when the disc is bad. These players, (sears, hitachi, toshiba)..don't handle skips, or jumps more different than the RCA, Zenith ..... When a disc skips in an RCA type player, the stylus dances across the disc, and you can see the screen as it does. With the Sears, it's almost like the player can see the bad places before it gets to them! It's like it edits the bad places out, and it just edits the place out. If you have way too many bad places on your disc, the stylus arm will give it a try, and go back to its resting place. If I were you, i'd have the stylus checked out with CEDatum. He will check it for you, if it needs it, clean it, or if it is bad, he can rebuild it, and he does great work, plus he is honest. Shoot him an email and tell him what it is doing. CEDatum.net
SKT-100
aaronpark

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem is the needle/stylus doesn't look like it actually comes down
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron, why don't you send an email to the guys at CEDatum, i'm sure they could send you some useful information on your player. They have helped me more times than I can count. The email is cedatum@ccrtc.com.

Good Luck!
Scott
SKT-100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: