CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ghost Town

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Ghost Town Reply with quote

This forum is starting to look like a ghost town. Not much activity. What's new with everyone. I've been on a bit of a hiatus on buying discs. I picked up a few but nothing like what I used to, although I only have about 65 left to get so they are getting pretty hard to find and the ones I do find people want $30 or more each for them. Just crazy. Other than that I watched The Beach Girls again the other night, great flick. I watched all my 007's in order before that so it was cool to see. I gotta say Connery's got my vote. I think he is a lot more "real" with the character. Not like now days when Daniel Craig gets punched in the face or kicked in the gut and gets up like nothing happened. But that's Hollywood these days. But anywho, what's new with everyone else?
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My choice on Bond is Roger Moore. Live & Let Die and For Your Eyes Only my 2 favorite Bond Flicks. Since I got my new SKT-400, I have been watching more disc than usual. I had a Star Trek movie marathon and watched all three movies. I also have watched Scrooge, The Grinch, & White Christmas on CED. I wan't crazy about the Scrooge movie, it's the first time I ever saw this version, it's a musical! Give me your list Josh, i'll see if I have any in a new batch of dupes.
SKT-100
CEDvince

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of went on a buying binge; I bought some discs from Scott and I bought a bunch of cheap lots from eBay. Nothing special, just filling in titles. I'm up to about 160 titles now. So I pretty much doubled my collection in about two months. I plan to collect all of the titles, so I’m just buying what I can when I can. I have all of my players in working order now except for my Realistic CED-1 which needs a stylus.
I’ve been searching locally for discs but I can’t find anyone who is selling them at the moment, so we will see. I have a want ad on Craigslist but no bites yet. Going to start a Star Trek marathon on my next day off, that should be good.

On a side note, I bought The Matrix on Laserdisc and I've been enjoying that. Its one of my favorite movies and I'm happy I found a copy.
2 - RCA SGT-200
2-RCA SJT-400
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Matrix on LD last year, not easy to find. My most valuable LD (to me) is House at the Edge of the Park, which only 500 pressings were made and each one of them is numbered.

It's always a GHost Town here during the Holidays.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a rough month in which the lemmings could not find the cliff.

Welcome to January. First thing I heard when I came home Christmas day and turned the radio on was (Don't Fear) The Reaper.

Gotta love BOB-FM.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey CEDvince, if your looking to collect every title I have about 2,000 extra discs. I don't know where you are located but if you wanted to come get them I would make you a great deal. If you want to email me it's ketonic_dude@hotmail.com thanks.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of that, as always I'm looking for music related titles, as you well know, so I hope you'll get beck to me (the Yahoo email is working again but I prefer the address I have liste...I do, don't I? I'll look now and make sure).
krbsforty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be happening again. I have returned to the CED hobby, but there have not been any new messages posted in several days. I check the cedmagic.com web site every day for something new, but nothing is happening. I hope some of the members can come back.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it would appear that the majority of us have been mainly using the facebook pages. If your not over there yet I have a page called Analog Archive, there is also a RCA Selectavision Videodiscs page and a RCA Selectavision Buy/Sell/Trade page and of course a CED Magic page. It is nice to have stuff on this forum because it is solely CED related and posted for all the web to see but it's much more quaint over at the facebook pages.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of principle and internet privacy/safety, etc I will not use Facebook if I can help it and certainly will not get a membership.

The forums are it.
krbsforty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Agreement Reply with quote

kitchensynch wrote:
As a matter of principle and internet privacy/safety, etc I will not use Facebook if I can help it and certainly will not get a membership.

The forums are it.

I am the same way. I am a very private person; I do not use any of those networking sites. I am not comfortable on any of those sites, and I am always hearing headlines about people being stalked & other dangerous activity. I will only use the forum.
Mayor West

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Agreement Reply with quote

krbsforty wrote:
kitchensynch wrote:

The forums are it.

I am the same way. I am a very private person; I do not use any of those networking sites. I am not comfortable on any of those sites, and I am always hearing headlines about people being stalked & other dangerous activity. I will only use the forum.

Here, here, brothers! I hope I am not missing out on too much, as this is THE site I come to for CED. I wouldn't mind an update, but enjoy it exclusively for everything CED!

SJT300
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really wish the site had more traffic, the face book can be inundating if you arent on it every day...
blindfury420

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a fan of the face book, ryan ced!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also the same way about not wanting to get on facebook for privacy reasons but any way you look at it anyone can find out virtually anything about you with just a little research. Especially the Gov't. I don't want to get into a big argument here about gov't conspiracies and the internet and facebook etc. I also enjoy the forum and it is nice to have both. I will occasionally do as I just did with building that shelf, where I will create the article with photos and just post a link on the facebook pages. It's much easier to create an article like that over here on the forum that trying to just upload a photo album and try to explain it on facebook.
blindfury420

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My whole reason for not liking facebook is the bs drama and people pretending like their life is so awesome haha! Plus I talk to the people I like and respect in real life and some on facebook ced stuff. I don't feel like friending some dummy from second grade, then having the whole weird conversation and then seeing all their stupid updates and general lies haha! If I want to talk to people I call them or hang out with them! I dont need fb for that.

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do make a valid point. Some people have thousands of friends and don't even know who half them are. That's just dumb if you ask me. I am only friends with people I know personally and have met. And I'm not friends with all my class mates. But there are some I am friends with that I don't see very often in which case it's nice to have facebook cause we've seen each others post and have stuff to talk about. But yeah some people can get out of control and some people are very dramatic.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always enjoyed these forums, I have been on here since about 2008, but I didn't join until Oct 2010. When I got here, it truly was a ghost town. very few posters back then, none of the older posters were doing much posting. About the only one back then was Deanjeep. It started picking up around that time, Ryan came not long after me. I think there was a bit of a lull at that time. It is amazingly active compared to back then!! I have met a lot of nice people here, and some on facebook too.
SKT-100
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krbsforty wrote:
It seems to be happening again. I have returned to the CED hobby, but there have not been any new messages posted in several days. I check the cedmagic.com web site every day for something new, but nothing is happening. I hope some of the members can come back.

At least you and a few others are LURKING. Ain't a lot happening some weeks and we don't really have a BS BIN like other sites so since there isn't a lot of new news about CED (kind of like not being any more stuff that hasn't already happened in 1976)...

but we are still here.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindfury420 wrote:
My whole reason for not liking facebook is the bs drama and people pretending like their life is so awesome haha! Plus I talk to the people I like and respect in real life and some on facebook ced stuff. I don't feel like friending some dummy from second grade, then having the whole weird conversation and then seeing all their stupid updates and general lies haha! If I want to talk to people I call them or hang out with them! I dont need fb for that.

facebook is intended for people who grew up without having a 30 foot cord on the house phone...
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or never had to try and find change so they could make a call on the pay phone to get a ride or let someone know they were going to be late. Now it's just text, text, text, done. lol

Or had to wait for their mom to get off the phone so they could use the internet. Or worse yet someone was waiting for a call so you couldn't use the internet, lol.
blindfury420

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

both of you guys are right as rain!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Mayor West

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a busy signal? Do you mean your phone call is waiting to load, or something? Pfft, kids! GET OFF MY LAWN! Laughing

"They have phones in booths now? That's great now I won't have to carry around this cell phone!" - Hermes from Futurama

SJT300
CEDvince

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ketonic_dude wrote:
Or had to wait for their mom to get off the phone so they could use the internet. Or worse yet someone was waiting for a call so you couldn't use the internet, lol.

The best way to ruin my day was for my mom to say "I'm waiting for a phone call" because it could be 10 minutes, it could have be all day before that phone rang.
Oh, and I was in my late teen's when we finally got a cordless phone. Before that it was a rotary phone that was in the kitchen. I hated dialing long distance and I hated calling my grandma because her phone number was 6's, 8's and 9's and I'd always forget which number I dialed.
2 - RCA SGT-200
2-RCA SJT-400
krbsforty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be happening again. I have been very busy the last few months, so I have not been very active on here. I am getting back in to my CED hobby again, and I need some repair suggestions. I hope every one is doing all right.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Deja Vu, he said for the first time!

Don't fret, January is a tired time of the year, after we've been worn out by the holidays.

I'm on another site that is virtually dead, and it's not the first time.

We are fine.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first time I have checked back in since quite a few months ago. I don't get on here as much as I used to with the majority of the members here on facebook everyday. But it's still great to be able to come here and talk CED with everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: