CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keep or Sell?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
planetcadillac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Keep or Sell? Reply with quote

I am getting ready to move in May. To Puerto Rico for a job opportunity. I have an SKT400 in its original box and packaging with the premium remote control. Still has the red shipping tabs installed. It does work, about 8 years ago I had it thoroughly cleaned and installed a new stylus and motor control belt.

Most of my stuff is going into storage. My question is should I just sell it now and take what I can get for it or is it worth saving for future value and or interest? I have long since got ride of my CED disc collection only keeping a couple of them to prove the interactive features.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Xian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to have stuff in storage, I'd keep it. I'd only keep it if it means something to you however. If you are just keeping it hoping it will appreciate in value, that would probably depend on how long you are willing to hold onto it. If you are only going to be gone a year or two, it probably won't be that big of a difference in value. Just My Opinion However. If you want to sell it, shoot me an email. Smile
proudcf@yahoo.com

Last edited by Xian on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
blindfury420

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wise words xian! Same with xian, if you do decide to sell it and xian passes or something like that let me know I'd buy her!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
planetcadillac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have had it for 15 years so I suppose it has some sentimental value. I am in automotive business and have a side business with antique cars, parts, and literature so I have some kind of personal interest in obscure things in the past.

Yes I will only be gone a year or two then returning home. I could certainly keep it in storage easily but taking stock of my posessions and using opportunity to get rid of stuff that I might not want to keep long term. My old RCA TV from the 1980s that can be run jointly with the CED player by remote I tossed it because it stopped working right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Xian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it's entirely your decision about how much it means to you.

That's too bad the TV took a dive on you. That was a nice match for your player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: