CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Front Projection TVs...Opinions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, think drive-in movie. There's a reason they run after dark.

Anyway, it can be overcome with more lumens and a better projection surface in the case of front projection, but when you had 8 foot tall window panels like we had before energy savings issues to let more natural light in, you had to place it in a dark corner.

That having been said it was there for over 20 years. Still worked from what I was told, they just contracted the cafeteria services out and that company brought a new HDTV set in.

I'm still using 17" and 19" Sony Trinitrons from around 1983 and probably will until I die.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have any idea where to look for a manual for my tv? Model # PGR100WR

I've done a google search but can't seem to find anything.
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
61cubby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but the CRT's did not put out that much light and any ambient light in the room say from a lamp or window would wash out the picture quite a bit. The front projectors were best viewed in a room where complete control over ambient light was possible.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a manual from Sam's in Indy. $25 for a printed manual.

With regards to viewing angles and ambient light, I tend to use it to sit down and watch movies not have it on in the background. My movie room also is kept pretty dark but sometimes I have a light on and can see it just fine. It's actually the only TV I have at the moment. Eventually I'll get a wide screen to view my BDs but it's great for watching full frame VHSs, videodiscs, and old TV shows.

I may have to eventually rework the power supply though as the transformer hums pretty loudly when a movie isn't playing.
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: