CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED collection and player available for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themoores

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: CED collection and player available for sale Reply with quote

My mother in law has had her player and substantial collection if discs in storage for a number of years and we are now looking to find a new owner for it. I am looking for some guidance on where to begin with estimating the value of the collection as well as the best place to sell it. Any help is very appreciated Smile [/b]
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the collection located? That would help to see who's nearby enough to get it.
themoores

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are located in Calgary, AB Canada
themoores

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seem to have in the neighborhood of 200 discs, all appear to be in very good condition, I will be compiling a list of the discs this evening.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's a good idea. Make a list on Word or such, and then post your email here and send the list to those who reply. Posting the whole list here can be a problem, and this way only the interested ones are talking to you directly and you don't have to check through the board all the time.
And you can sdjust your list as discs get sold.

Also put what model player it is as well. If you don't mind shipping these items, you'll probably get more interest than if it's pick-up only.
saskatoonguy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Saskatoon, do you know what your asking for the collection? It may be worth it to me to come get it. I am probably the only other member north of the border, and shipping them over that line gets very expensive. And if you think you're sitting on gold don't even bother letting me know. I am already in the process of explaining to one fellow (relatively) near me that his 1500$ evaluation on 250 CEDs with 2 players is absolutely ridiculous. Last lot I picked up was 700 discs, with 4 players for 100$.
themoores

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are thinking $250 for the lot is reasonable, if you want you can e-mail at amoore74@shaw.ca and I can send you a spreadsheet with the titles we have.
saskatoonguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-mail sent. Officially dibbed.
themoores

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Player and CED collection for sale Reply with quote

We still have this set for sale as of Apr 2012
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: