CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
61cubby

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: New to forum Reply with quote

Hi all---

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to CED collecting but grew up during its run. I am an avid Laserdisc collector but have always been intrigued by CED after seeing it a a few friends homes in the 80's.
blindfury420

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to this oddball format and here! It's a good place, if you ever need help just ask... every one round here is pretty helpful.

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, welcome as well. I too am a big LD fan. Tell us what CED players you have already and about how many discs you've collected so far.
krbsforty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is nice to meet you! I hope you will enjoy CEDs as much as we all do.
61cubby

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome! Rix, I was hoping you could maybe help me out in that department....I don't currently have a unit. I emailed you a few days ago...I'm the guy from MN interested in your sgt250 with the remote! lol...I have only 9 ced's at the moment..Bell Book and Candle, Cruising, a Barry Manilow special, The great Santini, Love story, Mister Roberts, The Odd Couple, ELO live at Wembly, and Carol King Live. My laser collection is another story,

Players: Pioneer V2400, 2x CLD-503's, CLD-D701, 702, 2x 703's, 2x 704's, Elite's..CLD 53, CLD-59, CLD-95, CLD-99, LD-S1, an A100, and a Quasar LD-700 which I think is a Panny LX900 clone. Currently I have in the neighborhood of 1500 movies........thank goodness for an extra bedroom!

I've scoured the bookstores and "junk" stores around my area and haven't been to lucky finding anything that isn't wrecked or nearly so, very disappointing!
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site!!! We love it when new people come in!!! We are passionate CED fans. Once you get hooked, your hooked!!!! Laughing
SKT-100
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

61cubby wrote:
Thanks for the welcome! Rix, I was hoping you could maybe help me out in that department....I don't currently have a unit. I emailed you a few days ago...I'm the guy from MN interested in your sgt250 with the remote! lol...I have only 9 ced's at the moment..Bell Book and Candle, Cruising, a Barry Manilow special, The great Santini, Love story, Mister Roberts, The Odd Couple, ELO live at Wembly, and Carol King Live. My laser collection is another story,

Players: Pioneer V2400, 2x CLD-503's, CLD-D701, 702, 2x 703's, 2x 704's, Elite's..CLD 53, CLD-59, CLD-95, CLD-99, LD-S1, an A100, and a Quasar LD-700 which I think is a Panny LX900 clone. Currently I have in the neighborhood of 1500 movies........thank goodness for an extra bedroom!

I've scoured the bookstores and "junk" stores around my area and haven't been to lucky finding anything that isn't wrecked or nearly so, very disappointing!

Wow, that's a lot of LD players. So I assume it is you who just sent a Paypal payment for the CED player, correct?

I have way too many LD players as well. The problem is I like different ones for different reasons and cannot decide which to sell and which to keep!

I did not realize the Quasar was a Panasonic clone. Are you pretty sure about that? If you have a good photo of the front and especially the back, I could tell you better if it was Panny or Pioneer. It does play both sides, right?
iTroy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beetlescott wrote:
Once you get hooked, your hooked!!!! Laughing

So true!!! Cool
61cubby

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rix-

I'm sure it is a panny clone. It's definately not a Pioneer. I looked at the two on the laserarchive site and pictures are identical...remotes are as well. It was a very good local deal with a dozen movies and is in pristine shape even.

Hope we can do bus. on a ced player, I've got some coming in the mail and am looking forward being able to watch them!
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another reason for you guys who haven't taken the plunge into LDs yet:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLLECTION-27-LASERDISC-MOVIES-HUNT-RED-OCTOBER-TRESPASS-DIE-HARD-HOOSIERS-LOT-/230734956971?pt=US_Laserdisc&hash=item35b8e009ab

Good titles, at about $1 each with the shipping included.
Alchemy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a skeet thrower for my copies of 'Hunt for Red October' Smile
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, the typical ill fate of buying lots for the few LDs you really want.

But those who have not gotten into LDs yet won't have it and it's not on CED. Besides, it's just an example of how cheap things have gotten.
Alchemy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you follow the 1 lot of 420 discs- ended at 1100- expensive, but not really. I need to find something like that local :sigh:
Rixrex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

61cubby wrote:
Rix-

I'm sure it is a panny clone. It's definately not a Pioneer. I looked at the two on the laserarchive site and pictures are identical...remotes are as well. It was a very good local deal with a dozen movies and is in pristine shape even.

Hope we can do bus. on a ced player, I've got some coming in the mail and am looking forward being able to watch them!

I looked too, but the photo of the Quasar isn't very good or complete.

So does the Quasar have a small bump-out on the center of the back, like only an inch, or a larger one, like about 1 1/2 or 2 inch? Also, is the bump-out really squared off or with slightly rounded edges?
61cubby

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bump out on the back is actually stamped into the back panel and is ony about 1/2 inch deep or less with rounded corners and is not square like a pioneer but is rectangular about 3 by 5 or so. I'll post you a pic when I've got more time.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need, your description is that of a Panasonic. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: