CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toshiba VP-100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zenithvp-2000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Toshiba VP-100 Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been looking into purchasing a Toshiba VP-100, but wanted to know if it was a good player or not? How does the video & sound quality compare to other CED players? Also, does the player use the same stylus as the RCA F/G line of players, it looks like it does, but I want to be sure. Is the wired remote and stereo adapter unit hard to find for this player?

Thanks.
blindfury420

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video and sound are actually pretty good, same if not better than an sft again I was watching it on a Small tester tv so all the players i hooked up looked the same on a 13" tv hahah. It is a mono player. The stylus from the f/149000 models works great. I have tried a g/154100 stylus, it worked but why waste a stylus for a stereo player on a mono! As for the remote, I've been looking for one for almost a year now and haven't seen one. Could have missed a buy it now one but you never know! From what I gather the Toshiba DSA100 Stereo/Dual Audio Adapter, and the Hitachi STA300 Stereo/Dual Audio Adapter are damn near impossible to find

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Rixrex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two of the Wards brand version of that player. I find them to be really nice players. Both I have with remotes as well, one is listed on the CEDmagic classifieds since I don't need two.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fogot to mention that I am looking at hooking up a laserdisc AC3 demodulator to the Wards stereo output, as I learned that the stereo signal is a modulated RF signal, and that's what the AC3 signal is on the LD players.

However, I'm not yet sure that the modulated frequency is the same or close, and if it will be a compatible signal. Plus I'm still trying to match up the outputs properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: