CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RCA Video Communications discs on YouTube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: RCA Video Communications discs on YouTube Reply with quote

The past few days I painstakingly uploaded two RCA Video Communications discs in their entirety. Each 1-hour side took about 14 hours to upload.

Edition 1, Side 1 featuring the convertible VCR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UycFmF2BaUE
Side 2, Video Merchandising Considerations: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wJ2kh6E5x8 (Great views of an early 80s TV/video dealer here!)

RCA Video Monitors (not sure if this counts as edition 2, but doesn't look like a disc formally labeled as that has ever been seen so I'm counting this as that until I hear otherwise.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At_eP_JWHjw
2nd Segment, Successful Monitor Retailing (this disc is one side but I uploaded it when my YouTube account had a time limit so had to split it.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDip-PeyRkw

Edition 3 side 1, featuring 1984 camera line and the Digital Command Center remote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqeMdJVXZ-Q
Side 2, with the original appearance of the factory tour and product training for the SJT-400: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hyfU4_zuqY At 61 minutes, this is the longest CED side I've ever seen.

There should be a 'sticky' on this forum to list all CED-related videos available online. I've previously uploaded the original demo disc, stereo demo disc and Memories of Videodisc broken into segments. There are many TV commercials online; I would love to see all the TV commercials collected in one place.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remembered I still need to do the 1984 Video Systems disc. That one's easier to find but of course should still be online.
ubermensch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome dude...i've enjoyed watching some of the stuff you've uploaded. THANKS!
blindfury420

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty cool! I will be watching them, as I will probably never find some of these disc's!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
krbsforty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These videos were very interesting to watch.

By the way, does any one know who the spokesmen were who hosted the different segments of RCA Video Communications? I have seen one of them on a different CED video on You Tube before, but not the others. Also, was this disc stereophonic or monophonic?

Last edited by krbsforty on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were all produced in mono, they were of course played on a stereo player as I would not waste my time with a mono one. The side with the factory tour and player demo had dual-audio on some portions, but I played it in straight stereo on my SGT-250 so you hear the 2nd audio track out-of-phase as that's how it worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: