CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hitachi VIP-2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zenithvp-2000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Hitachi VIP-2000 Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the Hitachi VIP-2000. How Does it perform against the other players, etc. Also does John at CEDatum sell the stylus for this player? If so, how much? Thanks, have a nice day. Very Happy
blindfury420

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome! I personally like all the players including this one which is basically just a clone of an sft-100. So most parts are interchangeable and if you can repair an sft-100 you can do the same to a zenith!
http://www.cedmagic.com/tech-info/stylus-cart-guide/stylus-cart-guide.html
http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/vp2000.html

As far as I know cedatum has no NOS anymore but he can repair the heck out of them and/or clean them. Your stylus can be repaired/rebuilt I'm pretty sure cause the stylus RCA 149000 can work in a zenith and he does repair those and they look the exact same as a zenith stylus, so I don't see why he couldn't repair it! Better to ask him though as I don't know for sure all of what he can repair. Do you need cedatum's email?

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Zenithvp-2000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Hitachi VIP-2000 Reply with quote

Hi, Thanks for the quick response. I was actually talking about about the Hitachi VIP-2000 not the Zenith VP-2000. you were probably thrown off by the fact that my username is zenithvp-2000. You did answer my other question about the availability of the stylus. Thanks, I appreciate it. In your opinion (or anyone else who would care to chime in) how does this player compare to all the other models out there? Is it as durable as say the SGT-250? How does the video quality compare to the other models? Also are there any problems specific to this model that I should watch out for? Thanks, Have a nice day.
blindfury420

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhahah yes your name got me and I read 2000 I was sold on the zenith haha. I do like the hitachi's too, some of the sears and the realistic player are clones of the hitachi's.

http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/ced-player-guide.html
http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/93454810350.html
OEM Equivalent: Hitachi VIP2000

I do think cedatum does repair those styli too! I really am not sure on how durable the hitachi chassis players are, they do seem light compared to other models so I feel a drop could end them real quick. A 250 is just a tank and you could probably drop it , kick it, then run it over and it could possibly still work! As for quality of picture I really do find j/k 400's and g 250's with new styli give the best.... but im sure that's just my eyes, not what actually is.

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Zenithvp-2000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I saw a Hitachi unit in the box on ebay and thought that I would see what everyone had to say about them before I jumped the gun and bought it. I'm Glad I did. I would have hated to have bought it and then have it arrive to me in pieces because of someones poor packaging. I've read horror stories on here about people who have bought units on ebay only to have them arrive at there door in a thousand pieces. Of course there are some sellers out there who actually care about there customers instead of that almighty dollar and will go the extra mile to see that that the package arrives safely. Anway, thanks for the info, it's much appreciated. Its been a while since I've been on here, but I plan to visit more frequently. Thanks, have a nice day.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Welcome to CEDmagic!!!! I just bought an Hatichi VP1000, and I LOVE IT! Let me tell you my favorite feature the other players don't offer: When you put a disc in, and it is playing along perfectly if it comes upon a scratch, the picture doesn't jump all over the place like the others, it just skips the entire part, much like it was editied for tv or something. I think that is very cool. The picture is great even with just a coaxial hookup. I love the way you just push the disc into the player to turn it on. I didn't get a wired remote with mine, that would of been cool. But mine is in perfect condition. This player has a great picture, it's a mono player, but there are 2 RCA audio out jacks so you could hook up a stereo adapter easy enough. I would have to say comparing it to an SGT250, (which was my first player I bought in 1982) is like Apples & Oranges. Simply because one is mono, and one is stereo. One has an infra red remote and one has a wired one. I consider the Hatachi to be top of the line mono:) good luck!
SKT-100
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me say this too. While the top of the line player is the SJT400 or the SKT400, everywhere I have read says the SGT250 is like a tank, it can take a beating. I have both these players, and the SJT400 has more features, and works harder at removing jumps and skips.
SKT-100
Rixrex

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that you can't really go wrong with the Hitachi if the price is right.

There's one little trick to shipping it though. You have to cut a piece of cardboard in the shape and thickness of a CED caddy, but an inch longer, and slip that into the player's caddy slot before packing. If not, the caddy tray, a very heavy part, will bounce up and down during shipping and could crack the plastic gears holding it up.

Originally there was a plastic insert that came with these players from the factory.
montecarlo02

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rixrex,

Is this a general rule for all players when shipping?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rixrex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, just the Hitachi models. They are the only ones that have a whole caddy tray that descends upon the turntable. The tray is held up for loading by gears and a spring system. The gears then rotate to drop the whole tray. The insert is used in shipping to keep the tray in one position so it cannot bounce up and down, which would put undue pressure on the gears.

All other models have a different method of either dropping the disc onto the platter or raising the turntable to meet the disc. Front loading laserdisc players do the same thing, they either drop the disc onto the spindle or raise the spindle to meet the disc. But they also have a clamping device to hold the disc tightly, since the disc can be up to 1800 rpm.

The only ones of these video disc devices to not do this are the top loading LD players that were produced in the earliest years around 1979-83. But they still had a clamping device, which was on the lid, that was pulled down tightly by a pin latch and could not be opened until the disc stopped spinning. Since we should not grasp CED discs, there's no CED player like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: