CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obtained an SGT-075!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnallard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Obtained an SGT-075! Reply with quote

I just obtained an RCA SGT-075 for $10. The original owner who works with me at Wal-Mart said that when he copied all of his movies over to VHS, he put the player in the closet and then goodwilled the movies years ago. The player has been sitting in his closet since 1988!

When I got it home today, I cleaned it off using LA's Totally Awesome! I highly recommend this stuff...it has no harsh chemicals of any kind. I found it in our local DollarTree store. Anyway...the player cleaned up well, and the stylus looked almost brand new, like it had only seen a few hours of play time. Eventhough it's features are less than the SFT-100 W I have, it actually played better. STRIPES is the only CED I currently have (I can't seem to find any that are easily obtainable by my low-budget income). Places that skipped on the SFT didn't skip at all or not as much as on the SGT.

Now...if only I could find some more movies to watch on these fine machines! Please...if anyone knows of others wanting to sell CEDs without charging an arm and leg in shipping, then let me know. I'm also interested in finding some J/K line of players working or not!

Keep those CEDs playing!

END OF LINE
joplinced

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Obtained an SGT-075! Reply with quote

mnallard,

If you ever visit the NW Arkansas area (Bentonville, Rogers, Fayetteville), there's a ton of CEDs in several flea markets. I think it's the same seller who has booths just about everywhere. I know there's quite a few at The Rose and Yesteryear's in Rogers. Also quite a few at Grandma's Attic in Lowell. I think they're $3 each. Never have seen a player in any of those fleas... just discs. Might make a nice day trip for you in Harrison to check them out.

joplinced

mnallard wrote:
Now...if only I could find some more movies to watch on these fine machines!
mnallard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. I actually used to live up there back in 98. I remember The Rose. Great flee market. I'll have to plan a trip up there sometime soon. Thank you again for the info.

Keep those CEDs playing!

END OF LINE
Videodiscer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly recommend putting up an ad in the videodisc classifieds. I am also a cash-deprived enthusiast who can only afford stuff for cheap. You could put an add up saying you only want to pay shipping and maybe the least amount as possible for the actual discs. I got lucky with a prior posting from someone in WA who lives nearby and wanted to get rid of his old player and 60+ discs. Sweet! Major score!
Speaking of Wal-Mart, I had to read "How Wal-Mart is destroying America and the rest of the world" for an English course this past year. I haven't been to a Wal-Mart since and I've done my share of badmouthing the Wall. You gotta' pay the bills though, so I don't hold anything against you or other workers, Just the head honchos racking in all the dough and planning the giant takeover. What has your experience with Wal-Mart been? Good luck finding free to cheap discs. Later, VD

P.S.- I live in a hippie town with other anti-corporate takeover people. Every now and again I see that cool bumper sticker that says "Mall Wart" on it. It’s so hilarious (and convenient) that you can get those words by switching the first two letters. It's right up there with the anti-president bumper stickers that say BU** SH**. Anyway, I'm not trying to oppose you Mnallard. A good person is a good person no matter where they work Smile .
mnallard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually...Since Sam Walton's death...I think the store, as a whole, has forgotten Sam's philosphy he set when he started Wal-Mart. Think about it...what store did you like best...the old Wal-mart or the SuperCenters? I'll be there a year this September and I can honestly say that it isn't a bad place to work.

As far as the CEDs go...I've posted a forum here. Maybe I can reach someone out their. I hate ebay. I bid on a collection of 98 movies. I had to work the day it ended. When I got home, I was outbid by 50 cents...50 CENTS!! I was upset...but I figured someone else out there could put my money to better use anyway.

So...I need movies and I'm also looking for a COMPLETE SJT-100 (Or SKT-100) player, working or not.

Keep those CEDs playing!

END OF LINE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I am back again. Thanks again for the alert on the ebay bid. I have not bid yet, as the bid ends tonight. I feel your pain concerning bidding on ebay; I went to work bidding on an item, and got home and I found out I was outbid by $1.00. The job I am at, my supervisor lets me use the company computer to access ebay to bid on some items. As a result of her kindness, I was able to win some bids. The owner also does not have a problem with me accessing ebay, but, I try not to take much of an advantage of his good graces. (If only the job I am at now had WIFI/wireless!) But, I definately am going to give those other bidders a run for their money on this one of a kind ced. Wish me luck. Oh, by the way, since you are looking for ceds to purchase, I highly recommend the following ebayers to bid with, as I have won items from them off ebay and I am very satisfied their merchandise offered, and their pleasant business-like methods: bigmikempd (USERNAME on ebay) and another one whose USER NAME I am sure is yardsale. Hopefully you will have a good chance at winning some ceds from them. And I will take your advice and join up on this forum. Who knows, I may learn something new that I did not know before, as well as impart some knowledge to someone else. Thanks again and good luck to you on your ced search.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: RCA Test Disc Reply with quote

You may now congratulate me! I am the winner of the ebay bid on the Selectavision Test Tool CED. Also, on a previous post I gave you the names of two ebayers who regularly sell ceds on ebay. The second one's complete USER NAME is yardsalestuff2. Please give them a try when you check into ebay.
mnallard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy My ebay days are over for a while. I'm currently trying to obtain 106 movies from someone in Georgia and over 100 from someone in Little Rock. Out of both sets, only 8 will be duplicates!! Any extras I get I would like to sell here. I'll make sure that they work before posting them.

Keep Those CEDs Playing

END OF LINE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: