CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free online videodisc player manual database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Videodiscer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Free online videodisc player manual database Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be great if all of us videodisc collectors could get together and come up with an online database for videodisc player manuals? This database could be a part of CEDMagic. It would be a tremendous help as well as a source of interesting info to any and all interested in specific CED players. Sams offers manual copies for $35. That's rediculus!!! Come on! As fellow enthusiasts, we should ban together and come up with a free alternative source. If anyone thinks there would be legal problems, we could make it based on the Kazza principle of file sharing. I don't see why there would be legal problems. Today's RCA people don't even know what a CED is! As you know, I'm trying to fix my SJT-090. It would be great to have the manual instead of blindly trying to figure out the problem without even knowing the names of different parts. Don't you agree. There is no way on earth I'm going to pay $35 to have a manual. I got this player and 60 accompanying discs for $0. I'm passionate about this if everyone else isn't. I think it would be a great step/improvement to make as collectors. Let's do it! -VD
mnallard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! I too have been trying to find a manual to help me figure out how to completely remove the turntable from my F/G line of players so I can lubricate the bearings inside to get rid of the squeeking. I'll help any way I can. However, people telling of their experiences with their players as actually started creating a manual of its own kind. I don't think that there will be any legal problems...today's RCA is not owned nor operated by anyone from the CED days. Like I said...I want to be involved with this as I plan on starting my own internet-based small business in these CED players...mainly the RCA models. I don't see spending over $150 for a player. My idea is to keep it cheap for the low-budget people. If I come across any manuals, I'll pass them along!

Keep those CEDs playing!

End of line
Videodiscer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This idea might be difficult to carrie out because of the space it will take up. Does CEDmagic run off of its own server? Otherwise, if it's hosted, I'm sure this would take up too much room. -VD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: