CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED Player in "Sliders"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrestp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: CED Player in "Sliders" Reply with quote

I recently started watching a show on the Sci Fi channel called "Sliders". The Sliders are people from our dimension that "Slide" from one alternate reality to another encountering weird alternate histories. The show is poor to marginal in quality, but did have one interesting guest star in an episode called "The Great Work". the sliders slide into a typical "Mad Max" scenario where civilization has fallen, and the planet is run by rude, leather jacket wearing thugs. A group of monks (the good guys) has holed away on a remote island where the sliders appear. The sliders attempt to help the monks record the last of all remaining earth history onto a crystal before the marauders invade and destroy everything. Part of the "Laser" is an SGT 250 CED player! The front of the player is not shown, perhaps for copyright reasons, but the back is shown with all of the barcoding and ID stickers. One of the Sliders works on the machine by pulling an electronic component out of the stylus assembly at one point.

I told Tom I would get him a copy of the show, but I failed to record it while I was watching it. I know some of you have fancy TIVO units or digital cable - is there any one that can get a copy and send it to Tom? Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: