CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Never been open CED Movies for sale in Indianapolis, IN!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duckie909

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Never been open CED Movies for sale in Indianapolis, IN!!! Reply with quote

Hey guys!

I am a CED collector and have found a thrift store here in Indy that has just got a donation of unopened, still in the wrapping, CED Movies. As of Monday May 23rd, 2005. They had about 50+ movies, not all unopen but most were. The one that were opened looked in good shape. The also had a RCA player for sale too, SGT 100. I only have a SGT 75 but this one for sale was messed up. I found it upside down when I saw it and it had a movie in it. I tried to test it but couldn't seem to get a signal to a one of the tv's at the shop. It actually only played when you put the lever in the off position. Anyway, sorry for rambling, here is where the shop is located if you want to get some never before viewed movies:

DAV Thrift store is located on east washington street here in Indianapolis, IN. I don't know the address, but it is between Arlington Ave and Shadeland ave in the marsh shopping plaza.

One final note. I think it might have been some old stock from a store that use to sell them or maybe some factory rejects because one or two of the copies I noticed had sort of messed up labels and some had a sticker on them say another movie title. The "7 year ich" CED had an X on the back, done in marker, and a label on the back with another title name. Anyone with any thoughts about this let me know. And to those of you here in Indy that love CED, Happy hunting!
-Howard
rsrendfeld

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Indianapolis Thrift store Reply with quote

Thanks Howard!
This morning I went to the DAV Thrift Store at 6400 East Washington here in Indianapolis.
The Ced Player and all but ten of the discs have been sold.

The shop also had a huge amount of LPs; Classic music and OPERAS!

Ron Rendfeld
Indianapolis Indiana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, went to the DAV only to find a few Joan Sutherland opera CED's left (must have been the same donor who had the records). I would have bought some of the record sets, but the RCA sets were either Dynagrooves or monos (did someone cherry-pick the shaded dogs)?

Indy seems to be an exceptional town for RCA collecting in general. I am guessing that this is because their many employees here were able to buy merchandise at discount. As a result, many great collections make it to the thrifts as these former employees retire or pass on. I wonder if some employees got sealed CED's for free and never got around to opening them because I have seen a few caches like the one Howard describes over the years. In addition to CED's (and my SJT-400, which I got for $5 at a Goodwill in Greenwood), I have found too many old "living stereo" classical records to count, including a really nice copy of The Royal Ballet Gala Performances for $1.

Collectors in Indy might also try visiting Dock Brothers Pawn on North Meridian. They have at least a hundred CED's, mostly sealed. Nothing really all that exceptional that I saw, but lots of classics, as I recall.

Matt
duckie909

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Jelousy! Reply with quote

Matt,

I have been searching for an SJT 400 for the price you found it! I picked up some interactive discs at the DAV and since I have only a SGT 75; I can't really enjoy them. Smile So if you happen to have picked up another one (ha, ha) or hear of where I could find one relatively cheep. Let me know. Even if it's not working drop me a line. I have a guy would could fix it cheeper than buying one on ebay for hundreds of dollars. Thanks buddy.

-Howard
duckie909@hotmail.com
Matt Fisher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard,

Hmm... You want my interactive-capable player, and I want your interactive discs! Very Happy The main reasons I was glad to finally find a SJT-400 were (1) remote (2) stereo (3) you guessed it, to run interactive discs, although I have only found one to date, some murder mystery thing. If I knew where to get another SJT-400, I would tell you, as mine works perfectly and I don't want to hoard. Honestly, although I see discs all the time in Indy (I just saw around 50 mostly sealed at the Carmel Godwill on Saturday) I have seen maybe 5 players in my 15 or so years of thrifting. I appreciate what a steal the SJT-400 was. They were apparently selling it as non-working, but it just had a bad belt so there was a disc and caddy stuck inside. So, in addition to the player, I got a free movie, I don't remember which one. Those deals don't come around every day. I'm constantly amazed at the stuff some people donate to thrift stores, just keep your eyes open. In a town like Indy, I would imagine the RCA execs probably had the good stuff (like the 400) at home, so I'm guessing its out there. Also, I have never tried to post in the classifieds, but you never know.

Matt

P.S. Do you have any duplicates of the interactives you might be willing to part with?
Ron Rendfeld

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: CEDs in INDY Reply with quote

Where is the Goodwill in Carmel?
Will you post an address or at least cross street
I would drive up there right now if I knew where to look.

Ron
Ron Rendfeld

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Goodwill CEDs Reply with quote

Found it! Had a Westfield address in the local yellow book.
The Goodwill store is at 1617 East 151 St. ( Take a left off Meridian Street) Next to a Wendy's.

Saturday June 18 is a half price sale.

Ron in Indy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: