CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lovely little machine....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CED_UK

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Lovely little machine.... Reply with quote

Hi, new to the whole ced video player so let me introduce myself....24 male, UK, and have just fallen in love with this "new" machine I have bought........

I remember coming across this website a few years back while doing a search on laserdiscs and thought it would be pretty cool to own something like a CED player.

Wel anyway, strolling around the local car boot sale (flea market) today and something caught my eye, a large collection of what I thought were laserdiscs. Popped down on one knee, had a flick through them, didnt regcognise the format at first but then it clicked what they were. Asked the seller how much he wanted for the discs, 15 pounds (about 27 dollars US), I thought what the hell, I could always get a player off ebay. I picked up the discs, turned to walk away and the seller said " Ive got a player int he boot of my car if your interested?", was I interested, hell yea, he GAVE me the player as he didnt see the point in trying to sell it without no movies to watch on it. So for 15 pound I walk off with 20 discs and a hitachi VIP202P (thanks to the site for identifying it for me).

Took it home, hooked it all up, and it plays first time no problems, been watching a few of the discs today, had it apart cleaned the insides, checked the belts (see if they were loose or tearing, no problems, its been looked after), a bonus was when I got to the bottom of the box with the discs in, I found a spare stylus (needle and plastic casing) which was a pleasent surprise.

The films I got where: Might Mouse vol 1, Star Wars, Happy birthday to me, Roxy Music (concert, still sealed in shrink wrap) The Tubes Videos, The Fog, Charlie Brown Festival, My Favorite Year, Adsence of mind, Dolly Parton (concert) Sheena Easton, The amazing spiderman collection, confessions of a window cleaner, The greateful dead (concert), annie hall, Stripes, watership down, pennies from heaven, ice castles, Rod Stewert (concert).

In short Im pretty impressed with the player, and the whole 12inch vinyl record format, its a technology older then I am (im 24) but its taken a nice slot up in between my DVD player, Laserdisc player and Sky + (digital TV) and Im sure its going to be an interesting topic of conversation when people come round.....

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interesting...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: