CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking to find a home for 2 players + about 50 discs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormdog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Looking to find a home for 2 players + about 50 discs Reply with quote

Hey there!

I used to have the intention of collecting enough obsolete tech to be able to play back every form of standardized media ever created. Over the last few years though, I've realized that there enough people who like old tech that these things will be preserved without me, and I really need to simplify my life and make some space in my house.

So, I'm looking for a good home for my CED collection. I have very fond memories of watching some of these growing up, especially The Last Unicorn (you can tell by how worn/scribbled on the case of that particular movie is!! A young boy really loved that disc...) and I just want to make sure that it all goes to someone who will appreciate it. I've thought it might be nice to try and sell them and get some money out of them in these difficult economic times, but on the flip side of that, a lot of people probably don't have money to spare on things like that, so I'm not really worried about getting any financial gain out of it. Like I said; just want to make sure someone gets them who really appreciates them and won't play them for a while and throw them out or something.

So what I've got is:

Two players:
* Model SGT 075 (the one I grew up with)
* Model SJT 200 (got this from a friend last year; she tells me it works, but I haven't actually connected it and tried it.)

About fifty movies - here goes the list in no particular order:

Ariplane
Disney Cartoon Parade Volume 5
Places in the Heart (the caddy on this one doesn't match the sleeve for some reason; they're different colors))
The Caine Mutiny (2 disc set)
Summer of '42
Star Wars (2 disc set, and two copies)
Return of the Jedi
Red River (2 disc set)
First Blood
Rocky
Rocky II
Rocky IV
Conan the Destroyer
Heaven Can Wait
Doctor Zhivago (2 disc set)
48 Hours
Dirty Harry
An American In Paris
The Man of La Mancha
Fire and Ice
Watership Down
The Man Who Would Be King (2 disc set)
Rear Window
The Sea Hawk
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Captain Blood
Stripes
Poltergeist
Enter the Ninja (Wow, this looks *awful*)
The Last Starfighter
Heaven's Gate (2 disc set)
The Last Unicorn (As noted above, this one has been scribbled on; sorry.)
Fiddler on the Roof (2 disc set)
Diamonds Are Forever
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

I have several Star Trek: The Original Series episodes on CED too:

The Menagerie (two copies)
Space Seed/The Changeling
The Trouble with Tribbles
Amok Time/Journey to Babel
City on the Edge of Forever/Let That Be Your Last Battlefield (I have a second copy of this disc that's missing the caddy; just the sleeve and the disc)
Balance of Terror/Mirror Mirror

I am located in Kenosha, Wisconsin (that's the southeast corner of Wisconsin). I'm really hesitant about shipping anything anywhere due to the time, expense, and fragile nature of the hardware and media, but I'd be more than happy to meet someone at my place to pick 'em up.

Hopefully there's someone local (or who wants to make a drive) who'd like to take these off my hands. I'm certainly not going to throw them out or anything, but it would be nice to have them stop taking up room in my living room. (And then I have to figure out what to do with all these 78s....)
louis cortez

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Giving away stuff that is taking up space Reply with quote

Are you possibly still giving away that SGT075 and that SJT200. And 50 movies.I know it was 3 years ago but I saw no replies. I live near Chicago and might be interested but I have to save money for gas plus I do not own a car. If still interested post reply or email at louislouiscortez@aol.com
louis cortez

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you sill got those player and discs? I would offer you something but I am not working and if you could bless me with that I'd be grateful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: