CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony LV-1901 TV/Beta Combo on Ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rootmedia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Sony LV-1901 TV/Beta Combo on Ebay Reply with quote

If anyone is interested, I have just listed a Sony LV-1901 Beta/TV combo on Ebay. Starting bid of $49.99. Ebay #5769065373

The TV and Beta Player work fine. It's in very good condition. Just needs a little cleaning due to dust from storage.

Paul

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5769065373

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just way too cool...

Here's hoping you get $1000 or more for it. There's lots of collectors out there who would give up their first born for that.
rootmedia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I really would love to keep the TV combo but I'm selling it for someone else. My rioommate is a beta maniac! He's so jealous.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody was selling one of those a couple months ago, but nobody bid on it- you had to go to New York to pick it up. I'd jump on this if I had the room. Right now I've got a 1972 Cartrivision videotape machine in a wood cabinet taking up space, the motors turn on but I don't think it can actually play though I still need to clear some room by the TV to try to hook it up. This thing is HUGE!
I always wonder how many surviving tapes there are out there of 70s TV with commercials left in. I've managed to find some stuff going back to 1977; I've been transferring everything I've found to DVD so if anyone has some stuff they want to trade let me know! On my computer I'm putting together a compilation of commercials for TVs, stereos and video equipment, so far it's got 4 RCA Videodisc commercials, hopefully in a couple more months I'll have it put together and I'll be able to make copies for everyone.
doity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I saw that auction too. The seller was incorrect in saying that it was the "first home VCR" or similar. The Avco Cartrivision was actually the first american market VCR/VTR, available as early as 1972 from Sears. I have a site dedicated to the Cartrivision format for anyone interested. And Jesse.....I know someone who can fix your broken Cartrivision machine if you are interested.

Luke

www.angelfire.com/alt/cartrivision/index.html
joplinbeta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few months ago I came across about 60 Beta tapes of someone who taped tons of "B" movies from KTLA channel 5 and KCAL channel 9 - Los Angeles circa 1980 back when they were LA's main independents. Lots of neat stuff with crazy commercials... it's amazing how "blah" TV commercials are today compared to that era. Paid $10 for the whole box. Now if I could get one of my Beta machines to work halfway decent so I can really enjoy them... Rolling Eyes

Jesse Skeen wrote:

I always wonder how many surviving tapes there are out there of 70s TV with commercials left in. I've managed to find some stuff going back to 1977; I've been transferring everything I've found to DVD so if anyone has some stuff they want to trade let me know!
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Luke- you don't seem to have an email address, can you give me some more info on how I might get my Cartrivisions working? I actually have two of them- one supposedly worked before it was shipped to me but the motor was dead when I got it, then I found a replacement motor and shorted out something else on it by being stupid. I don't want to mess with it anymore for fear of messing up something else. I'm in Sacramento, CA by the way.

Joplinbeta- if you want to send me those Beta tapes I'll send them back to you transferred to DVD with chapters to skip directly to every commercial. I bought a DVD recorder just to transfer all the old tapes I've found, putting everything straight onto disc with chapters for every single commercial, and later I'll compile the best commercials onto a couple discs. I've got a disc of TV station sign-offs too!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse, do a google search for "cyclone racer" and email the webmaster Larry. He is in San Jose area I believe and he is a wiz when it comes to repairing Cartrivision recorders.
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: RE: Outrageous CED-era TV Commercials Reply with quote

> it's amazing how "blah" TV commercials are today compared to that era.

At the beginning of the CED title "Agency" there's a one minute commercial for "No Sweat" deodorant that's one of the most outrageous 70's disco-style commercials I've ever seen. This is a commercial made by the advertising agency in the movie, so it may have been a bit over-the-top for real TV, showing a cast seemingly recruited from a Studio 54 costume party dancing and singing to the praises of "No Sweat." At the end Robert Mitchum calls the commercial PERFECT.

--Tom Howe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: