CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RadioShack Catalog Archive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Moonlight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: RadioShack Catalog Archive Reply with quote

A friend sent me a link to this site, so, naturally, I had to look for CED ads.

This link will take you to the 1982 catalog. The CED ad is on page 2.

http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalogs/1982_small/

Enjoy! Very Happy
7jlong

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice site!

The 1984-1987 catalogs were required reading when I was a kid. I was amazed though not surprised to find that as I flipped through each virtual page I knew what was coming next.

Here's hoping that Rat Shack understands the value of this site and doesn't force him to tear it down - or, even better, gives him access to missing catalogs, pays him for his work, and incorporates it into their site.
Jason1976

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god. on page 5 the stereo speakers on the right hand side bottom of the page. I just sold a pair of those. I got 200 for them. I had to replace the woofer surrounds. when I bought them I thought it was 1 woofer and a passive reflector., but it really had dual woofers per speaker. boy do they sound great. but I needed some of my room back.

they sell them for 259.95 each speaker on page 24. gee
7jlong

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swore by my Realistic Nova 7 speakers for the longest time. Unfortunately I stored them in a barn and the foam went kerplooey - I think my father kept them, he had a pair too, though I'm not sure about that.

They weren't "audiophile", but they had a nice chunky sound that suited me just fine.
Jason1976

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7jlong wrote:
I swore by my Realistic Nova 7 speakers for the longest time. Unfortunately I stored them in a barn and the foam went kerplooey - I think my father kept them, he had a pair too, though I'm not sure about that.

They weren't "audiophile", but they had a nice chunky sound that suited me just fine.

foam is cheap if you know were to buy it. the people on ebay are making a killing. look at the prices here

http://matelectronics.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ematelectronics%2ecom%2facatalog%2f&WD=foam&SHOP=%20&PN=Mat_Electronics_Speaker___Accessories_208%2ehtml%23aFER_2d10#aFER_2d10

I thought about buying them and add some glue and start selling kits lol
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were many stereo adapters ever made for that player? I've never seen any in person, twice I've seen them on Ebay but they were sold as part of a large package which I couldn't afford at the time. Toshiba players have a jack for a stereo adapter too but I've never seen one for them.
cbertra2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Hitachi stereo adapter that works on the Radio Shack and the Sears player. I also have two Toshiba stereo adapters that also work on the Wards and Elmo players. The Hitachi adapter draws its power from the player where as the Toshiba has a 110 plug. The Hitachi has a noise reduction switch thats labeled main, stereo, sub while the Toshiba has three switches labeled stereo, CH A and CH B.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: