CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Videodisc Related Stuff from an ex-RCA employee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ubben52

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Videodisc Related Stuff from an ex-RCA employee Reply with quote

I was wondering if somebody could give me some insight into some stuff I just acquired. I'm probably going to be posting some of this stuff on ebay in the next week or two.

I just bought a collection of about 430 videodiscs from an ex-RCA
employee. A lot of the disc are new and still in shrink wrap, the
ones that aren't still wrapped, lots of them are stamped "RCA
PORPERTY, NOT TO BE SOLD, RENTED, OR COPiED, FOR EMPLOYEE HOME USE ONLY" and some are stamped "NON-RELEASED TITLE"

A Couple of the discs have sticker on them that read

"TECHNICAL LIAISON EVALUTION DISC"

"Do not use for any purpose before contacting either: H.N.CROOKS
3164 C. BOLTZ 3313".

or

"NOTE: THIS DISC MAY NOT BE REPRESESTATIVE OF CONSUMER QAULITY."

or

"non released title"

I also got a Metal plate the reads "Rockville road 15 million
videodisc 1985" and it's got a picture on in the middle of "Gone with
the Wind".

I also gave me six 7 x 9 photos of machinery from what looks like
the Rockville plant.

I also got a brand new "Thanks for the Memories" still in shrink-wrapped.

I also got a VHS tape titled "compounding tape tour 6/18/83" I watched it and it's about the compound that makes up the dics.

I also have a few other odds and ends.

Let me know what I should do with this stuff or what I should be looking for. Please email if you have an insight.

Thanks,
Jeremiah
jubben@ltms.com
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: RE: Unusual CED Items Reply with quote

Jeremiah:

You may want to take offers via email on your items for a period of time and then accept the highest offers. You do have some items like "Memories of VideoDisc" that will be of interest to collectors.

It would be nice to get the VHS Compounding Tour tape to someone who can digitize it and post it to You Tube. That way the information will be available to all and preserved for posterity. That compounding facility was considered the most sophisticated in the world in 1983 and was even featured in RCA's corporate annual report.

--Tom Howe
ubben52

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Accepting offers on Videodisc related stuff Reply with quote

I will take any offers if anybody interested in anything.

Thanks,
Jeremiah
jubben@ltms.com
ubben52

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some pics Ican send out if anybody wants to see them. Thanks everybody for the insight and responses. Keep it coming. Thanks, Jeremiah

jubben@ltms.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: