CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED Training and Service Manuals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry S

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: CED Training and Service Manuals Reply with quote

My CED technician has retired and I am selling the factory training and service manuals covering over 17 models, and the service alignment disc, on eBay, if anyone is interested. The training manuals cover the operating principals, troubleshooting, and adjustments. The service manuals cover specifics about the model, schematics, and parts lists, and some factory service bulletins. All questions I see frequently asked about, not always correctly answered. I have lots of unused parts for the players, too many to list. Also most of the parts boxes just have the manufacturers part number on them, so you cant pick them without the part number in the service manual.
Also I notice posts about shipping damage. New players had plastic pins inserted through holes in the bottom that locked the stylus carriage to prevent the damage, which would be common without the locking pins. Once in a while someone comes across a unit that has the locking pins installed, and thinks that the unit is inoperative.
Wester

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a link to the Ebay auction? Also, are you planning on selling the parts too?
Jerry S

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: CED Training and Service Manuals Reply with quote

Just go to eBay and type CED manual in the search box. As for the parts, people would just have to ask what they are looking for and then I would dig through them, but they would have to have a part number of some sort, generic or order number, because some of the mechanical parts for different models are similar, but not actually interchangable. I know that I have no RCA stylus, but I do have a couple of the Hitachi stylus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: