CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Was the "Girls of Penthouse" CED released, or not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caroline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Was the "Girls of Penthouse" CED released, or not Reply with quote

In one of the earlier CED digests (99), some member is mentioning it.
But it is listed in the "vapor" list of CEDs probably never released.
Last year, a video dealer on a movie convention in Germany, who was
ordering US Laserdiscs at this time, told me, that he received a strange
Penthouse Laserdisc that didnt looked like one, he sent it back. From his description, it could be a CED.
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: RE: Girls of Penthouse VaporWare Title Reply with quote

This title was almost certainly never released on CED, but it was mentioned in several sources as soon to be available. The June 1983 G&M Newsletter mentioned that Penthouse had signed with Vestron to release discs, with the first one due in the Fall of 1983. A later G&M Newsletter (February 1985) listed the title as an upcoming release, but by then Vestron was scaling their CED releases way back.

My theory is that the dealer you talked to actually got one of the Playboy CED's and simply remembers it as Penthouse.

--Tom Howe
Caroline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tom......

The dealer was also dealing with erotic movies, I doubt, that he
dont know the difference between Penthouse and Playboy.
But he was mostly dealing with Super8 and Video, he was no Laserdisc
expert.

But dutch dealers told me, that some of the first dutch Laservision shippings were faulty, sometimes two LDs were stuck together.

I am, like you, often sceptical to rumours and hearsay,
and there is quite a lot of nonsense in the net, but I mailed the german Playboy years ago, because I collect the Playboy videos in all languages and systems, and they replied : "Playboy Video was produced on VHS and Beta in Germany, but never on Video2000" ( This is an old dutch-german Video System ) Last week, on a flea market in Germany, I found the "non existing" Playboy Video No.1 - in german and as a Video2000 Cassette.
There is a sticker on it : "Nur für Werbezwecke" - "For promotion only".
So this was - I assume - never for sale regulary.
So maybe the "Penthouse" CED will turn up some day too, who knows ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: