CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

louis cortez ebay name louiscortez10 block him from buying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rein-o

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: louis cortez ebay name louiscortez10 block him from buying Reply with quote

this guy buys a CED from me, i tested it before i listed it with no problems.
after 40 days he says it's not working and wants half of his money back.

i said sorry i can give you a refund but then decides to leave me negitive
feedback on the bay and says the disc broke his player that he just had
fixed.

so if you want headaches then deal with him.

if you don't want any headaches then block him from bidding on your listings.
and don't deal with him.

the feedback he left for others shows that this is a scam that he pulls.

gets the disc, then asks for a partial refund.
his feedback shows that he gave this type of feedback 5 times.

seller agreed to partial refund.

check it out for yourself.
just watch out for this guy.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

File a complaint with ebay customer service. If you can document that this is routine behavior for him and it was a reasonable time period for him to have already played the disc without trouble, you can possibly get the feedback cleared.

It's obvious to anyone with common sense that he waited until the very end of the allowed time period to make this complaint. Any serious CED collector always check the discs immediately upon getting them to se the right disc is in the correct case, and that it playes fine, even if it's only a spot check.

That name sounds familiar. I think I've had problems with him in the past, but a few years ago.
rein-o

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did all i could with the bay.
they didn't realy care at all.

as for him i don't know why he waited so long to test it and even contact me about it not playing.

also i did sell him some discs here on the forum, he was happy but sent some crazy vulgar emails.

dropping lots of F-bombs.

anyway he is blocked from me, in the end i paid about 10 bucks for
that negitive since i bought the disc for 20 and sold it for 10. Crying or Very sad
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell me what the process is to block a person?
rein-o

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that took some time to find it on the bay.
it was easier in the past to find it.

1st you will click on customer support, do a search for block bidder list.
on the right side under "releated help" you will click

"selecting buyer requirements"
on that page you will roll down a little and in the center there will
be the link "block buyers based on their user ID"

and just add the names that you don't want. Very Happy
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rein-o wrote:

Hey thanks for the info.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rein-o wrote:

Hey, shoot me an email, I need to ask you something. Beetlescott@msn.com put CED in the subject line. Thanks!!
louis cortez

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rein-O You're the scammer. You asked me what type of refund I wanted and I replied with(below) and you were very rude and sarcastic.This is not the type of forum to hear your sob story.And I never used any foul language with you so you better watch what you say dude. From: leeroylong57302
To: louiscortez10
Subject: Re: Details about item: louiscortez10 sent a message about Devil and Daniel Mouse RCA SelectaVision CED Nelvana Rock and Rule NR #221038038881
Sent Date: Jul-18-12 14:38:24 PDT

Dear louiscortez10,

well???????
what type of refund do you want?
it has been over 30 days and i don't think anybody would honor any type of refund
after that time frame.

and even if the strip came off you are a buyer of CED discs and do know what happens
with them due to age etc.

and if you are stating that your player is not working anymore how do i know the
disc is faulty? it played fine for me when i tested it.

but i guess i have to be better than best buy and give you a refund after 30 days
on 30 year old vintage video discs.

- leeroylong57302 Then I replied Dear leeroylong57302,

No I don't know everything about CEDS and you shouldn't expect me to I am not a CED data base.I
have 45 days to open a case but in rather not and don't want to leave negative feedback. I want to work it out and I don't appreciate the sarcasm.I would like a $7 refund since the disc doesn't play after a certain point.If you decide to refund the $7 please make sure it goes to original payment method I paid with a credit card not from a personal Pay Pal account.

- louiscortez10 Then you said I had to send it back in for a refund and waste money on the shipping do you think I'm going to send $4-6 dollars to get $10 back.NO! Then I even went lower and said $5 and you still didn't agree. I'm sorry but I don't buy other peoples trash and that lot of discs you sent me looked like a homeless person owned them and you used them to eat and use as a cup holder. I didn't want to embarrass you that's why I didn't say nothing. So if anything guys don't buy from this guy he sells garbage.Also don't sell on ebay if you don't want to abide by the 45 day period.
louis cortez

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rixrex- I have never done business with you so you better watch what you say too. I don't have time like you to check and watch movies all day some of us have to work. I have a lot of stuff to test.
I can only watch one disc at a time.You don't know me so don't speculate anything you're being a hypocrite.
louis cortez

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rixrex Learn how to spell too dude.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be so hysterical. So what if I dropped an E from SEE, that doesn't change the message? It's silly behavior to nitpick insignificant details rather than address issues.

I said that I thought your name was familiar and I had some transaction with you in the past on ebay, years ago, and it wasn't good. You say not, but I still think so, and as long as I'm living in the USA, I'll exercise my right to say what I think. You're not the arbiter of free speech. I'll check further through the old ebay records and if I'm mistaken, I'll say so as well.

Secondly, look who's being a hypocrite. Why don't you take your own advice, since you don't know me and what I do, and don't presume that I don't work and just sit around or do nothing all day. That's really ignorant.
louis cortez

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I don't give a rat's you know what, who you are, and what you hypothetically sold me in your mind. I do not buy fictitious products from people's minds. This forum is not to address transactions from ebay keep that on ebay where it belongs. I don't care what you think, who you are, or whatever the heck you don't do for a living.That transaction was none of your business and you have no right sticking your smelly nose in other peoples business. It is' none of your business and your not only being a hypocrite your being a busybody. So that shows me you have too much free time and do not accomplish much and but stir up other people's problems and then dart when it hits the fan. I'd advise you to stop because I am going to contact the administrator on your behavior.Honestly GET A LIFE DUDE!
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop being overly hysterical. You really need to calm down, think rationally and be less of a hotheaded blowhard. You're making a federal case out of a minor incident. You'd do well to take your own advice. And I haven't been doing any darting around or hiding. I've always spoken directly.

In general, most everyone here on this forum gets along, helps each other, and looks out for things that need to be brought to other collectors' attention. It's not my fault that you were called out by the original poster. I wasn't the one who presented the evidence that you find offensive. If there's a problem that one if us thinks the others need to know about, this is a legitimate forum for that. If you're mad about that, fine, but insults. name calling, diatribes and threats don't help your case or make you look better.

You can't shut down the free interaction of communication and ideas, and if you try with baseless threats and unwarranted intimidation, you simply look ridiculous. You're just not going to silence people who want to share their experiences in order to help others. This is an open forum and it is the business of all members whenever a post is made. If it's not to your liking, you're not required to take part. I'm confident that my history here is positive enough to withstand any scrutiny by any administrator.

My response, that you found so offensive, was to give the original poster some advice on how to get help from ebay customer support. I also recognized your name from a prior transaction that was not a positive one, which I did research and found I was not mistaken. But, as you wish, I won't divulge the details since the matter was dealt with already, and consider it closed.
xorcize

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rein-o wrote:

rein-o, thank you for posting this. After reading Louis' posts, I have blocked him from my eBay sales also.
rein-o

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to see others have blocked him from buying also.

also how is louis still allowed on this forum, why hasn't he been blocked yet, or removed.
anyway good dealings to all CED collectors Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: