CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Service Manual for an SGT 075 (where to find)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milesdrifter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Service Manual for an SGT 075 (where to find) Reply with quote

I have gone as far as I am willing to with a 29 year old piece of equipment, I am desperately trying to figure out the best place to find a service manual for the RCA SGT 075. I am aware that I will more than likely have to pay for one, but am hoping that someone Knowledgeable (that's why I am here) would be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help offered, and no, we are not crazy/addicted/out of our minds! This addition to my collection just came last year, and I am trying to archive the 3 discs found with it to a Panasonic AG-5710 S-VHS deck that I found a the flea mart for $10! I really want this to become apart of my collection, not on the parts shelf, but the HT rack.
louis cortez

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Milesdrifter check this out. I don't know if you mean owners manual or service manual but this may help. Enter or paste https://www.samswebsite.com/photofacts.html
Milesdrifter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had just posted the idea of pulling pure S-video(NO dot crawl) from my player, about 12 hour before the last one but ya, I was looking for the service manual, not the instructions. I appreciate your help and will definitely check out the link you posted, I see there is a "hardcore" following on here of this format, and it is good, but I seen hope on my install of the composite that there is S-video inside, just waiting to burst out! As close as you can get to component, without the processing! The Voyage Continues
Milesdrifter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$25!!! I got a almost invisible Luma (B/W) side of the S-video last night, but this was with a 150 ohm terminating resistor, I hate digging around in antique equipment, it is so much easier to screw something up, and if you do, they dont make parts for it anymore! I will continue to search inside of it, I being a part time student, and currently no income have not the twenty-five dollars needed for the service manual. Thanks again to Louis Cortez, I havent been to the Sams site for a few years and had forgotten all about it. I'll keep everyone posted
louis cortez

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Milesdrifter I can recommend you someone from the forums email address. He repairs CED players and can probably go over that technical stuff which I know nothing about. Email me at louislouiscortez@aol.com and I will give you his email address.
Milesdrifter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do that now, thanks a million (even though in today dollars that is only about ten thousand Sad )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: