CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice please on correct mailing for CED discs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
majoreasy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Advice please on correct mailing for CED discs Reply with quote

Hello to all CED fans! I'm in the United Kingdom and want to sell our large collection of CED discs on ebay, but after reading Mr. Howe's faq i'm quite concerned about the postage issues, especially with his recommendations on sending discs upright rather than flat due to mail carriers pressing the sides of the case against the disc and ruining it!
If anyone has any advice on suitable packaging of single / sets of 3 discs (other than a really big box with loads of chips!) I would be very appreciative!

Many thanks,

majoreasy
duckie909

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Advice please on correct mailing for CED discs Reply with quote

Hi there. Well, I use to work in a shiping store and I buy and sell CED players all the time. I would recomend that you use a box that is a minimum of 4 inches, all the way around the items being packed. The best materials to use are packing peanutes or "chips" and bubble wrap. (bigger bubbles are best.) Honestly, I'm not sure that vertical or horizontal placement of the disc in the box will matter since shipping companys tend to toss them around and turn them on every angle. As long as you a have a good layer of cushion like 4 inches plus I think they will arrive fine.

Sincerely,

Howard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: