CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED's at Another Vancouver Thrift Store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: CED's at Another Vancouver Thrift Store Reply with quote

The Value Village thrift store on East Fourth Plain Blvd. in Vancouver, Washington has about 150 CED's stacked in rows under their audio LP rack. This store is about a mile down the road from the Salvation Army that had CED's a month ago.

It's interesting that CED's are turning up in Vancouver but not on the other side of the river in Portland, where I haven't seen anything in months. But that seems to have always been the case, as I used to go on frequent thrift store road trips about 10 years ago to the Tacoma/Seattle area just because so much more CED stuff showed up there. The Goodwill As-Is store they used to have in Tacoma was awesome, and always had one or more CED players every time I went there.

Speaking of Goodwill As-Is (or Outlet) stores, do these appear in many other parts of the country?

The Outlet store here in Portland recently switched to a different format that I'm not crazy about. They used to keep all the electrical stuff in one area, and it would stay there for a while. But upon moving to a giant new facility the store adopted a machine-like approach to putting merchandise out. They now load up these large blue carts with merchandise and push them out on the store floor where they remain a while before being unloaded into the dumpster. The only sorting they seem to be doing is according to clothing/non-clothing, so something like a CED player could wind up in any non-clothing cart.

Because of the size of the Outlet store, at any given moment a new blue cart of merchandise is being wheeled out and another is being wheeled away. So you'd practically have to live in the facility to see all the stuff, which is actually what some people seem to be doing.

--Tom Howe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: