CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sudden muffled & staticky sound (SJT-100)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
felix.bunke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Sudden muffled & staticky sound (SJT-100) Reply with quote

While watching a disc yesterday, the sound from my SJT-100 started sounding muffled & staticky. Since I'm still pretty new to CED players, I thought I'd put this out there to see what you more experienced folks have to say about it. Might the stylus be dirty or worn out? I have another currently non-functioning SJT-100 (probably just needs a new belt, but I haven't bothered, since I got the other one) with a stylus I'm sure is still good, so I could move it over if I needed to. I'm hoping it's nothing too involved, at any rate.
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: RE: Sudden muffled & staticky sound Reply with quote

> I have another currently non-functioning SJT-100 (probably just needs a
> new belt, but I haven't bothered, since I got the other one) with a stylus
> I'm sure is still good, so I could move it over if I needed to.

This could be due to a worn-out or contaminated stylus tip, so substitution of the other stylus cartridge would be a good test. You should also try cleaning the questionable stylus tip with canned air and a very fine pin or sewing needle as it may have simply picked up some dust or sticky contaminant from the disc that was being played.

--Tom Howe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: