CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GEC V5000H - How Much Should I Pay??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: GEC V5000H - How Much Should I Pay?? Reply with quote

I am looking for a CED player, I am in the Uk and have just seen one advertised on Ebay. This is a copy and paste of the ad...

CED Player + Hardly Used - Boxed - With Discs/Packing

GEC Model V5000H

I can`t remember exactly when this was bought but my brother bought it in around the early 80`s.

It has only played around 6 or 7 different discs in its lifetime, 4 of which are included with this auction.

It also comes with 5 sealed unopened, never watched discs that he got as a deal when he bought the player.

As I said it has had very little use as he soon got into laserdisc when that took off.

The machine has been in it`s box and stored carefully for the last 18 years or so so is in excellent condition with no obvious signs of damage or use/wear. It comes with it`s original instructions and guarantee card, all leads and all packing (See Photo). I have tested it today just to check it is still ok after all that time in storage and it works as well as it ever did. I have taken a picture of it working (See Photo) where it is playing the disc `Stir Crazy`. The picture/sound is surprisingly good for it`s age although the camera flash doesn`t let me take a very good photo. Please Note: The TV in the photo is for demo purposes only as is NOT included in the auction.

The plastic stylus packer thing and transit screw are in the box and will be fitted before transit.

Also included are 9 discs listed below, 5 of which are sealed and have never been watched, they will be wrapped individually in bubble wrap before being boxed.

Forbidden Planet - Sealed

Goldfinger - Sealed

Happy Birthday To Me - Sealed

Captain Pugwash - Sealed

The Big Sleep - Sealed

Stir Crazy

The Fog

Ashford & Simpson

Rich & Famous

This lot really ideally needs to be collected in person by the buyer - HOWEVER I understand that someone from Scotland is not going to want to travel 500 miles plus to pick this up so I WILL post it via Royal Mail Standard Parcels or another delivery company specified by the buyer AT THE BUYERS OWN RISK. It should ship ok, it has it`s original packing inc polystyrene packing and will be packed well (I am quite used to packing/shipping large items (See My Feedback)

I want to bid on this but would like some advice on how much to bid at the highest. if possible please. Also is this a good model? or should I be looking for something else?

Many Thanks

Wychwood Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: