CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RCA SJT-400 for Sale on eBay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
electronicworld

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: RCA SJT-400 for Sale on eBay Reply with quote

I'm selling one of my RCA SJT-400 CED videodisc players on eBay. Over the next several years I will be selling my CED players and videodisc collection as I prepare for retirement and downside to a Condo or Townhouse. Very Happy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300560120008&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck selling your things. If you have a lot of players & CEDs, you might want to consider listing them in here before taking them to Ebay.
SKT-100
blindfury420

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I missing something? It didn't sell at 249.00, so you re list at 279.00? Am I imagining this?

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
electronicworld

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: RCA SJT-400 for Sale on eBay Reply with quote

A number of collectors told me that I was giving it away at $249. I’m not looking for the bargain hunters. This auction is for the serious collector, the audiophiles and videophiles who appreciate the RCA Selectavision CED format. Very Happy
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that beee us!!!
SKT-100
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, that's logical. If it won't go at lower price A, then try higher price B because some collector said it was being given away.

These are the same really sharp collectors who for some reason didn't buy it at the lower givaway price and either keep it as a great deal or resell it at a higher price. I've seen these collectors plenty of times. The ones who tell you something is worth X dollars, except they'd never buy it from you for that price.

Yes it all makes sense.
Alchemy

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit it- I'm stoopid.... If most of the 400's end up- through bidding at the $2-300 range, why start at the top? I don't see it getting any action.
Hell you can look at car auctions and see a Corvette start at $100 and end at 13k..... Start it at 12,500 and it's doubtful to sell.
People enjoy the auctioning process and everybody sets a limit, some may get caught up at the end and it'll go past their line....

Anyway- your auction, do as you see fit
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rixrex wrote:
Right, that's logical. If it won't go at lower price A, then try higher price B because some collector said it was being given away.

These are the same really sharp collectors who for some reason didn't buy it at the lower givaway price and either keep it as a great deal or resell it at a higher price. I've seen these collectors plenty of times. The ones who tell you something is worth X dollars, except they'd never buy it from you for that price.

Yes it all makes sense.

Yep, I agree, Clear as mud!!! I'm getting that we are not SERIOUS collectors, simply because we refuse to buy or bid on something that has started out way closer to the place it should of ended up. I love all these non serious buddies in here!!!!!!!
SKT-100
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemy wrote:
I admit it- I'm stoopid.... If most of the 400's end up- through bidding at the $2-300 range, why start at the top? I don't see it getting any action.
Hell you can look at car auctions and see a Corvette start at $100 and end at 13k..... Start it at 12,500 and it's doubtful to sell.
People enjoy the auctioning process and everybody sets a limit, some may get caught up at the end and it'll go past their line....

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scott, you just said it far better than I tried to! The person selling the player I went after started around 25 bucks or less, (40 was my first bid, so it was way under that) It ended up going for 265 and it wasn't the top of the CED line. (It was for 1982 when I bought my first player:) ) I know that if the player had of listed for 230 or 240, I would of passed it right up. The person selling it, (the sealed SGT250) told me her Dad used to sell the players way back when. What a gem to start at 25 bucks!!!
SKT-100
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemy wrote:

Scott, you are stoopid like all of us, non serious, bargin hunting, non collectors. But we fit so well together. I'm stoopid too, because all the players & CEDs I have sold, I don't know who bought 6 players and over 100 CEDs from me, Serious collectors or people like us;) I suppose there are 2 ways to keep us nonserious bargin hunters from bidding or buying.
1. List it so high we won't even stop to look. OR
2. Put on the subtopic SERIOUS AUDIOPHILES OR VIDEOPHILES ONLY PLEASE.
SKT-100
Alchemy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time with the phrase "serious collectors". That implies that by knowing every nut and bolt and quoting specs etc. that they are superior to 'hobbyists' A hobbyist enjoys things, the looks of a player, the quirkiness of the format whatever....
If they both have cash- who cares what label you are.

When I was into coins and currency- I knew what I liked and went after it, as a hobbyist. I knew how to grade and some of the mintage for that series, but it was still fun. My buddy was a dealer so I could get some really good pricing, but when somebody came in the price would go up- especially for the 'know it alls' Dennis enjoyed people and when somebody would argue minutia over something that they wanted, the price would never go down Wink
So being serious has it's drawbacks Razz
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree with you more Scott! Up until the last couple of days, I thought I was a serious collector!!! Shows what I know. Oh well, Hobbyists have more fun, meet more fun people who enjoy their hobby!. I love this format, and want to know as much as I can so I can keep my players working, and CEDs in mint shape, but most importatnly, I WANNAA HAVE FUN!!!! As far as I'm concerned, if you don't have people like you, Dean, Ryan, Jesse, and all the rest of all the great people on this site, it wouldn't be half as much fun, or meaningful.
You know, If someone were to ask a "hobbyist" advice on how to make the most possible money selling a product on, say,....Ebay.. we hobbyist would probably tell them how. Smile
SKT-100
Rixrex

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, well said, and also we who are hobbyists are still serious as well about the hobby.

I've seen it happen before on ebay where the relist was at a higher price than the first listing. I really don't care if someone does that because it's their own problem if they cannot sell.

What I didn't like much was the snooty and smug use of the term "serious" in this particular case. It's a bit of a faux pas to say it in such a way on a hobbyist and collectors forum. Some might merely say annoying, others could say obnoxious and inconsiderate.
deantjeep

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! Now I see that I have to throw in my 2 cents worth on the subject!

You guys are all cracked. I am the ONLY seriously stoopidly collectohobbyist west, east, north,.....and south of the Pecos! Or my name ain't Yosemite Sam!

Well OK, now as a delirious collector, I have to say a hobby is a hobby, there are no distinctions and no one should try to separate those into the hobby into categories, nor discriminate against them.

You guys are all great collectors and we all love this quirky format (that might be saying something about us), but it brings such great people together to share and learn more about our hobby.

As for the player in question: An SJT400 auctioned at $249 is no big bargain and is certainly not a give away. I know, I bought one for $147 including the shipping cost. Now that is for me a bargain, but to someone else maybe not. The seller needs to factor in the high shipping cost as it would closely tip the scale at or over $300, just for starters. I suppose once he sells all his CED collection, we won't hear from him again. Good luck to him. We will still be here, us regular lowly hobby guys. Crying or Very sad
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deantjeep wrote:
OK! Now I see that I have to throw in my 2 cents worth on the subject!

You guys are all cracked. I am the ONLY seriously stoopidly collectohobbyist west, east, north,.....and south of the Pecos! Or my name ain't Yosemite Sam!

Well OK, now as a delirious collector, I have to say a hobby is a hobby, there are no distinctions and no one should try to separate those into the hobby into categories, nor discriminate against them.

You guys are all great collectors and we all love this quirky format (that might be saying something about us), but it brings such great people together to share and learn more about our hobby.

As for the player in question: An SJT400 auctioned at $249 is no big bargain and is certainly not a give away. I know, I bought one for $147 including the shipping cost. Now that is for me a bargain, but to someone else maybe not. The seller needs to factor in the high shipping cost as it would closely tip the scale at or over $300, just for starters. I suppose once he sells all his CED collection, we won't hear from him again. Good luck to him. We will still be here, us regular lowly hobby guys. Crying or Very sad

Well said, my delirilously happy friend, Well said!
SKT-100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: