CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compatible TVs with Dimensia and CRK Remotes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
planetcadillac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Compatible TVs with Dimensia and CRK Remotes Reply with quote

I have a late model RCA TV (1998 ish) as well as an RCA DVD player and of course the SKT400. I have the original CRK32B and the CRK32E as well as one of the black first gen remotes from the Dimensia system. None of the remotes operate any of the other RCA devices. What TVs and equipment have been known to operate with the older remotes? I realize that the latest stuff with features that were not available then will not work. However I have decided to relocate the CED player from the living room to a back room and hook up an RCA television that will be compatible with the remotes for the kitsch effect. My mother in law has a vintage 1990 RCA TV that will take one of the remotes over to test that might work.

Why relocate? We are in the process of installing a surround sound system with a big screen TV in the living room with a DVD player. There is no room for the CED player. Since we signed up for Netflix our usage of the player has dropped significantly. I used to use CEDs regularly to watch old movies because they were cheap, but Netflix is cheaper yet and most of the movies have been remastered to digital audio.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ron Rendfeld

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Dimensia TV Reply with quote

There is a Dimensia TV model # GPR2798E on ebay now. No bids yet; starts at $50.00 but it is local pickup only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: