CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honest Ebay sellers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dj3928

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Honest Ebay sellers Reply with quote

Most folks on ebay are Honest, heres an example.

I bought a Sears (hitachi made) CED Player, the fellow also had a couple of RCA players for sale at the same time. Got the player I bought and instead of the Sears player he had shipped me an RCA player. I contacted him and he said he would ship me the right player and that I could keep the player he shipped by mistake.

He made an honest mistake , but he made it right.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when you do business with someone and they ARE has honest as they seem! I have bought several CEDs from Jays Recyclery out of the 40 or more there were 2 movies that were in pretty bad shape, way too many skips. I sent him an email, and within an hour, was given a full refund and he told me to keep the movie. Another time, last week I won a copy of the RCA Preview, (no returns excepted) When I got it, not only was the disc in terrible shape, (scratches and smudge prints), But it was the WRONG DISC! I sent an email, and the seller gave me a full refund. You are right, Darrell, it makes you feel good when someone does what they should do.
SKT-100
blindfury420

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow beetle u bought that one? I asked the seller about that one cause I got one in a bundle and it had a white caddy in a blue sleeve and it was seven wives for seven brothers Sad I really did ask the seller ahead of time if they knew, cause I spotted it on mine ..... crazy

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
cbertra2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have shared this before but I will repeat for newcomers. I have sold a lot of CED players over the years on Ebay that I have repaired. I do this to help keep the format alive. I have only had one problem buyer. He bought a Montgomery Wards 10301 CED player from me. After he received the player he emailed me that it didn’t work so I gave him a few ideas on what to do and he became very angry and demanded his money back in the form of a full refund including shipping. He shipped the player back to me and I could hardly believe what he had done. He had swapped the cartridge with one that was broke and I mean the cantilever was bent, the fly-lead had turned green and broke into. The case was broken and he had taken the player apart and not even tightened the screws back up, only a few finger turns to keep them from falling out. His username on Ebay was midknightrunner. I have him in my blocked bidder list. He went to all that trouble just to get a working stylus cartridge for free. From then on I mark certain areas in my players to tell if they had been tampered with.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbertra2 wrote:
I have shared this before but I will repeat for newcomers. I have sold a lot of CED players over the years on Ebay that I have repaired. I do this to help keep the format alive. I have only had one problem buyer. He bought a Montgomery Wards 10301 CED player from me. After he received the player he emailed me that it didn’t work so I gave him a few ideas on what to do and he became very angry and demanded his money back in the form of a full refund including shipping. He shipped the player back to me and I could hardly believe what he had done. He had swapped the cartridge with one that was broke and I mean the cantilever was bent, the fly-lead had turned green and broke into. The case was broken and he had taken the player apart and not even tightened the screws back up, only a few finger turns to keep them from falling out. His username on Ebay was midknightrunner. I have him in my blocked bidder list. He went to all that trouble just to get a working stylus cartridge for free. From then on I mark certain areas in my players to tell if they had been tampered with.

Wow! I'm very sorry you had to endure that. That is just so bad that there is just a few people like that. I have sold about 10 players since last October, and I only had trouble, out of one person. I suppse one out of 10 isn't bad. Smile
SKT-100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: