CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Young People with Old Technology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoodee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Young People with Old Technology Reply with quote

Check out this great video. It puts a bunch of "obsolete" technology in front of young children. The kids have to figure out what the objects are. Watch for a CED appearance at the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdSHeKfZG7c
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Planet of the Apes CED at the beginning, but a "carpet?"
SKT-100
rsrendfeld

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Young people with old tech Reply with quote

I think that was a translation error -
maskddingo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a bit funnier to me s the comments from people who identify themselves as much older than the kids in the video, but still don't have a clue that that is a CED and not a laserdisc... and calling the 8-track a "cassette"... and so on and so forth: "I knew what the cassette was and also the laserdsic!!!" Oh really? Did you now?

Even had one guy who insisted the 3.5" floppy was a 'hard disk' simply because it has a hard outer shell. Man he was so sure of himself that he got in a flame war over it and was calling people 'stupid' for trying to point out his error.

Quite and entertaining read.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: