CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SJT400 Platter/Turntable question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCFleisleber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: SJT400 Platter/Turntable question Reply with quote

I just recently obtained a SJT400, and was wondering if there is supposed to be something felt, rubber, etc. supposed to be glued/adhered to the top outer edge of the platter? (if it is supposed to, mine is missing.) As mine only has a 1/4" worth of opaque silicone rubber(?) sticky-sort of material on the platter perimeter. (I can only guess that this is to cause friction from platter-to-disc?) The Service manual didn't show/mention any external piece glued/adhered to the platter as a seperate item. It looked like my unit was used infrequently (as it is near mint), and I didn't find any remnants of anything in the case, if it had fell off or came loose.

Also, by the way- my unit did not have a set screw to lock the bottom adjusting platter/turntable height adjusting screw - does that mean it was an earlier manufactured unit?

Thanks for your help/reply on these questions.
Ray
mnallard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your player!

As for the turntable, considering that the J/K line are similar in turntables, I don't ever remember any part being "glued" to the turntable. All mine had was an outer edge that was purposely unsmooth to avoid damage to the discs. I don't remember ever feeling anything sticky either.

Chances are that your unit might have been remanufactured or reconditioned. I noticed on an SJT-100 my grandmother and I had that the discs would spin for a short while after the turntable stopped which can cause unwanted and uneccessary scratches. Someone may have put something on the outer edge of the turntable to keep this from happening. Granny and myself just usually cleaned ours with a little alchohol and a lint-free cloth.

Again, congrats on your player...you lucky dog!

KEEP THOSE CEDS PLAYING!

END OF LINE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: