CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need tech help with RCA SFT100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
transanalog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Need tech help with RCA SFT100 Reply with quote

Here's the deal. When you load a disc the stylus arm advances to the play position and the needle comes down and it starts to play. Unfortunately, that it. The stylus arm does not advance and therefore the picture basically keeps looping at one spot. You can manually search and advance the arm in forward and reverse but it will not move when being played. I have the service manual and I tested the output on the microprocessor pin which seems to be sending out a pulsed signal to advance the arm but no luck. Anyone heard of this before? Thanks,

Michael Dewenter
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: FWD: from SonyFan13@aol.com Reply with quote

You may have to replace the belt in the pickup kicker. You can have a belt that is worn out just enough to slip with little movement, which would be the case in this particular instance, while it will move when the kicker motor is running at higher revs, which is what happens when the kicker is advanced to the start of the side or when you are advancing the pickup in faster time.

You may also want to consider relubing key points in the pickup arm path, like the sleeve bearing of the pickup, which travels on a shaft when it's going back and forth. - Reinhart
transanalog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but the belt is fine. The arm advance motor is not turning. I double checked this with a meter across the terminals of the motor and it is not receiving any voltage pulses. I even checked the radius sensor pins as recommended by another thread and they are fine. Anything else? Unfortunately the service manual I have doesn't have any cause/effect suggestions, just the schematics, disassembly, parts list, etc. Thanks tho.
mnallard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see if it is the motor. Turn off the player and unplug it. Keep in mind this is a last ditch effort to check the motor, however...there's not enough voltage to damage any other components. I bought a battery holder at Radio Shack (2 AA) and connected them to the motor directly to see if the motor worked. The motor proved to be defective and has been replaced and working since. If this is not the case, you might check all diodes, resistors and capacitors found in the circuits between the motor and the controlling IC. Good Luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: