CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie with a ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wester

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Newbie with a ? Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm new to the board and I just picked up my first CED player. I haven't even seen one since I was a kid, I was probably 8 or 9.

I got an RCA SGT 200 with 17 movies for about $30. Seemed a little steep to me but I couldn't resist, I've been bitten by the vintage electronics bug since I started collecting classis video games a couple of years ago. I brought it home took a closer look at it and it had a disc (Popeye) jammed in it. I got the disc out and it seemed to load and spin fine. When I hooked it up to my home theatre reciever via rca jacks and started it up. I could hear it spin, but all I got on the screen is black distortion and there was also the readout on the "time" display is just dashes. Is there any way to repair this or is it toast? Thanks in advance for any help.

Wes
Videodiscer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: A little help Reply with quote

Hey Wes,

I thought I'd post a reply since no one else has helped yet. I am also trying to get some help too (check out the "Troubles with SKT-090 player" post). Anyway, seems like you need a new stylus. I only say that because it sounds like the mechanics are all fine but you aren't receiving any signal. That would indicate to me that you need a new cartridge. If you feel capable, go ahead and open up your player and see if it actually is the stylus. Good Luck! -C
Wester

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I have already opened up the unit to look at the stylus. I'm not sure what it should look like though, and I haven't found a detailed enough pic to help me. Good luck with your player.
mnallard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

Got to http://cedmagic.com/tech-info/stylus-cart-guide/stylus-cart-guide.html I hope this helps. Your's will be the one on the left. Good luck to you and your player. I'll keep looking for a better picture.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: