CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CEDs in Indy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsrendfeld

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: CEDs in Indy Reply with quote

How many CED collectors are in or near Indianapolis?

Ron
Matt Fisher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am. I am an Indy native and I clearly remember seeing a CED player for the first time at the house of an RCA engineer and family friend in the early eighties.

I have about 60 movies that I watch on my SJT-400. I'm not looking to get collectible titles necessarily; I just like to have copies of movies I want to watch. Maybe I'll see you out there, Ron!

Matt
Ron Rendfeld

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Thrift Shop CEDs Reply with quote

I wasted some free time today going to thrift shops.
I found a dozen CEDs at the INDY Thrifty Store at 5226 Keystone Court ( Just North of 52nd St and West of Keystone. The covers were not in good shape (I wouldn't guess about the condition of the disc). Price was $4.99 each. They are still there.

I stopped at four other stores: the Goodwill Stores in Castleton and on Georgetown just west of Lafayette Square, The Shareing Place ( Near the Goodwill on Georgetown) and the Salvation Army store on 38thSt. west of Georgetown. No CEDs.

Ron in Indy
duckie909

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Me Too! Reply with quote

Ron,

I have been collecting CED's since college. I first was introduced to them by my aunt who had a SGT 100 and an RCA big screen TV. I use to stay over night and wear out her copy of Grease and Mary Poppins! lol. I just picked up a SGT 200 for more than I wanted to pay, because I got it off of ebay (shipping from Canada is to expensive), but this was my first experiance buying on EBay. I currently have a SGT 75. I bout it and about 5 movie 7year aga at a rummage sale for $1!!!! The lady said she bout it for her aunt or something and it all ended up under a bed in storage for years. It is a great machine and I can tell it wasn't used much because it runs so good. Of course, it is the cheepest model the ever made; I don't even have pause!!
Off the canada deal I'm going to take some movies if we can get the shipping down. I have between 40 and 50 titles now and that is enough for me.
I aspire to be like you Matt and have a 400 model! I have the space shuttle disc and a week at the races, but alas no player to use them in. my other problem is that I don't want to spend 200 to 400 dollars on a player. so I will continue on my quest for a player to either recondition or get on the cheep. Smile

-Howard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: