CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diagram in SGT 200 manual is slightly incorrect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt carr

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Diagram in SGT 200 manual is slightly incorrect. Reply with quote

I was looking through the manual for my SGT 200 and found that the diagram is incorrect in that the lights for Side 1 and Side 2 are located directly under their label instead of to the side. I am not sure of the Stereo light as I have not seen it come on yet but I assume that It would be under the label as well to keep everything looking somewhat uniform.

Also where it says "VideoDisc Player", it is supposed to say "Stereo VideoDisc Player".

Not sure what good this information is, but I thought that it was interesting at the very least.

RT9342

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting observation. I probably would have never noticed the difference. Maybe the drawing is based on a prototype or early design. I've seen a picture of a prototype SFT-100, in a book at a library, with a second lever instead of the 5 buttons.
RT9342

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting observation. I probably would have never noticed the difference. Maybe the drawing is based on a prototype or early design. I've seen a picture of a prototype SFT-100, in a book at a library, with a second lever instead of the 5 buttons.
DiscoKat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chances are, the manual was printed before the design and/or placement of LED's were finalized.

An interesting tanget, if you've ever looked at the owners manual of older (like 60's and 70's) cars, you might notice that the pictures in the manual are sometimes from pre-production or "Pilot" cars. There are some subtle and sometimes VAST differences from the manual to the actual product.

I still get a chuckle looking at the owners manual for my 1975 AMC Hornet. Many pictures in the manual still depict cars from the 1970 model year. The differences are subtle, but it's still funny. Guess they didn't want to spend the money updating the pictures either!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: