CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED artifact on eBay: RCA SelectaVision award...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reinhart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: CED artifact on eBay: RCA SelectaVision award... Reply with quote

Check what's on eBay right now!

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/3404-James-Hillier-RCA-SelectaVision-Award_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ28267QQihZ022QQitemZ350089975268QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQZsalenotsupported

Now this is a unique find! I was amazed when I saw it myself.
virus202

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Rare find Reply with quote

Wow! That is so cool... It looks to be a copy (if not the original) first successful pressing. I wonder what is on it? If I bought it, I could not resist putting it into a caddy and playing it, more than likely ruining it in the process LOL! Therefore, I will just sit back and watch.
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: RE: James Hillier Award Reply with quote

The VideoDisc in that frame is "Lum Fong," and it contains a portion of an episode from the "Get Smart" TV show. There was a featured CED on it a few years ago:

http://www.cedmagic.com/featured/lum-fong/lum-fong.html

The disc would not be playable on production CED players, as it's metallized, and the groove geometry is different.

--Tom Howe
dcayea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Are there... Reply with quote

Tom,

Are there any prototype players out there?
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: RE: Prototype CED Players Reply with quote

> Are there any prototype players out there?

I'm not aware of any "February" players, but there are a few of the later model prototypes in collections and museums.

http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/rca-engineering-models/

--Tom Howe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: