CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a 400 series player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randallkubin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Looking for a 400 series player Reply with quote

Hello.

I recently acquired, the holy grail of child hood relics (for myself, anyway) - i searched for years and years for a CED called, "The DisneyDisc of Mystery and Magic".

I have finally found it, and it's currently being shipped to me. Still shrink wrapped. Gotta love eBay.

Anyway. I don't have the player i need. I shopped around, and re-conditioned players are running around $300... or once my RCA tech friend gets another one, he'll sell it to me for the price of the parts - but that could be years.

I plan to get my own 400 player... but till then, I'm looking for someone, in the Houston, TX area - that has a 400 series player - and a free evening. My sister and I just want to watch it - relive our youths for a while, and go on back to our respective houses. You just invite us - we'll supply the popcorn, and drinks... and the movie.

For the movie, you have to have the 400 series player, and the digital command remote. i think that's what it's properly called. the really big one. judging by the site - you guys already knew that.

Let me know please, thanks.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though you won't be able to do any of the interactive stuff, you should also watch this on an SGT-200 or 250 player, since these will play everything in straight stereo. The "B" audio channel was recorded out-of-phase, so when played though a Pro-Logic system all of it comes from the surround speakers while the "A" channel audio comes from the front-center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: