CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SFT100 Stylus Arm & Unload Disc Problem & Recommende

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evanartz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: SFT100 Stylus Arm & Unload Disc Problem & Recommende Reply with quote

Hi,

My SFT100 powers up, flashes "L", loads and spins a disc. But that is where it ends.

In the Play position, it still flashes "L"; the stylus arm does not move; the arm/small servo drive motor does not spin; the unit does not unload the disc and it is not in the Pause position (I hit the button a few times). The small belt is on the pulley and "appears good". The stylus arm can be moved by hand completely back and forth in the unload position or by turning the gear by hand in the Play position. The belt rotates when turning the gear by hand.

The next steps appear to be a new belt followed by a different motor. Any other things I should check first or in addition to these steps? Any help would be appreciated and Happy New Year.
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: RE: No Playback on SFT100 Reply with quote

Your problem sounds like a variation of misaligned cams that can cause the microswitches controlling the player to be in the wrong state. Check out this repair solution for proper alignment of the cams:

http://www.cedmagic.com/tech-info/repair-solutions.html#misaligned-function-lever-cams

--Tom Howe
RT9342

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree. I do know that there are two switches that are engaged in the PLAY position - one activates the turntable motor and the other tells the microprocessor to go into PLAY mode. They used seperate switches because the motor runs on 120V AC, while the microprocessor runs on low DC voltages. The cams can get out of alignment, which could very well cause the turntable motor switch to engage while the computer still thinks it's in LOAD mode. I believe the two switches are side by side, behind the tonearm, if I'm not mistaken. See if you can find them and try pushing them by hand in the PLAY position (BE CAREFUL WITH THE WIRES - ONE HAS LINE CURRENT ON IT). If it goes into play mode, then it's probably the cam. If not, it could be the switch is bad, or there's a damaged wire somewhere, but I'm thinking it's the cam (I haven't seen this particular problem with the cams, but I have seen other cam-related problems, such as the RF signal not switching to the ANTENNA IN when the unit is turned off, and I've even seen a unit that wouldn't turn off at all!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: