CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CEDs in Covina and Montclair, CA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A.J. Franzman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: CEDs in Covina and Montclair, CA Reply with quote

Saw the following titles in the Salvation Army in Covina, California (1444 N. Citrus Av., just south of Arrow Highway) today, $5 each but they have a 50% off sale tomorrow, 31 Oct.:
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
The Black Stallion Returns
Tom Sawyer (musical)
Heidi
Gandhi
Six Pack
Old Yeller
Jane Fonda's Workout

I also saw about 3 dozen in Montclair a few weeks ago in either Quality Thrift or Great Deals thrift store on Holt, but it took a week to get my account activated here so I didn't post them at the time; probably all gone by now.

EDIT 1 Nov.: I went back to Montclair and as of 2:45 p.m. on Halloween, Quality Thrift at 4433 Holt Av. still had the following titles, most marked down to $1.99:
American Gigolo
The Apartment
Arthur
The Black Hole
A Bridge Too Far (discs 1 & 2)
Chariots of Fire
Easter Parade
Firefox (discs 1 & 2)
For Your Eyes Only (discs 1 & 2)
Heidi
Hopscotch
La Cage Aux Folles (French w/ English subtitles)
The Man with the Golden Gun
Moonraker (disc 1 only, of 2)
My Fair Lady (discs 1 & 2)
Octopussy (discs 1 & 2, plus an extra copy of disc 2)
Oh, God!
An Officer and a Gentleman (discs 1 & 2)
Patton (discs 1 & 2)
Pretty Baby
Shogun (Int'l Movie version, edited way down from the miniseries)
Star Trek: The Motion Picture (discs 1 & 2)
The Sunshine Boys
Vacation (National Lampoon's...)
Victor Victoria (discs 1 only, of 2)

These are in the LP bins, beside the VHS shelves in the northeast corner of the store (go in the entrance, turn left, then go straight until you reach the wall). I stuck them all together in the back of a bin on the right side, so the LP hounds won't mess with them too much. Someone shopping for LPs left to check out but came back while I was there, saying that LPs were Buy 1, Get 1 Free. I don't know if that's still in effect, or if it applies to CEDs too, but since most cashiers probably don't know what a CED is, there's a good chance it will. If someone wants to take a bunch of them, a manager might even give an additional discount.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: