CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rescued SKT-090 & a few discs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cubey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Rescued SKT-090 & a few discs Reply with quote

At the local community sale at the city park I ran accross an RCA SKT-090. Asked the price. $1! I said i'd take it. Then they bring over a few discs and just include them with it. The discs are "Battlestar Galactica" & "A View to Kill" (2 disc set).

Not a bad find I think. Cool
RT9342

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to know a secret about your player? Maybe you already know this. See how it has no rewind? If you don't mind going "inside" the unit, take a look behind the front panel. There's a working rewind button inside there, as well as visual rewind and fast-forward buttons! Why'd they leave them off? I can't figure that one out - usually they do something like that for cost-cutting, but if the buttons are installed, and all the circuitry for them is installed, and they're having to mold plastic in the holes that would be in the panel for the buttons, and it even appears that they molded the full button strip and then cut off the extra buttons with a cutting tool.....then what was accomplished? Anyway, the buttons are there, if you want to figure out a way to make them accessible!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: