CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RT9342 did you ever fix the discoloration on your Sears?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: RT9342 did you ever fix the discoloration on your Sears? Reply with quote

I'm new to CED, but I just got a Zenith VP 2000 and it's doing the exact same thing as described in a previous topic string. The last message was from you and you had just gotten a Sears player that was doing the same thing. So, did you or Losunge get your players working properly. If so, how? Also, to the moderator, I tried to register, and now when I log in it says my account is inactive. What happened?
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: RE: Temporarily No Need to Register Reply with quote

> I tried to register, and now when I log in it says my account is inactive

The internet service provider for CED Forum recently moved a lot of accounts, including cedmagic.com, from old servers to new servers. This was causing login issues, so I temporarily turned on guest posting. You were thus able to post as a guest without having activated your account via the email sent to your registered email address.

I've now turned off the ability of guests to post, as it allows a bunch of automatic spam messages to get through. For new members to post now, it is necessary to click the link in the welcome email to activate your account.

--Tom Howe
RT9342

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I haven't messed with any of my CED stuff in a while, but here's what I found on my Sears player a while back (which, by the way, is almost identical internally to the Zenith unit, in case you didn't know that already): after opening the unit and removing the computer board, I was then able to adjust the belt height to eliminate the problem. However, reinstalling the computer board would cause the problem to start to some back. I don't think it's the board itself, as the problem only comes back once the screws are tight. I think it could be a problem with warpage in the chassis or something. But the belt position apparently does play an important part, as adjusting it did change the severity of the problem. But I never did figure out how to completely eliminate the problem after reassembling the unit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: