CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need those old 8 tracks or records transfered to cd???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owenatverrs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Need those old 8 tracks or records transfered to cd??? Reply with quote

Well visit our website of course. Great prices!

http://mccaffertyaudiotransfers.googlepages.com/

Thanks for reading!
Owenatverrs
Owner/Founder McCafferty's Audio Transfer Services
xorcize

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Need those old 8 tracks or records transfered to cd??? Reply with quote

Wow, a spell check on your website would sure make it look more professional!
owenatverrs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY!!!! I dont know how that happend! I thought I spell checked it already! Thanks for letting me know!!!!!!
RT9342

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...8-tracks to CDs? Sounds interesting, but can you copy 8-tracks that came apart at the splice, or that are showing the back side of the tape? Seems like all of my old 8-tracks ended up with one of these symptoms. At first I tried just removing the spool and playing it on a reel-to-reel.....but you hear programs 1 and 2 at the same time, and if you flip the tape over, you hear 3 and 4 at the same time going backwards! I still prefer vinyl - and vinyl is still in production! Nice to be able to buy an album recorded straight off of the 24-bit master, while all of the CD buyers have to listen to a 16-bit down-conversion! (Of course you do get the low rumble, the pops from all of the dust particles that seem to be drawn in by the record's tractor beam, and then the picture discs, which are more common now have a nasty paper-scratching sound, so I guess whichever format is best for you depends on what you can and can't tolerate).
owenatverrs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT9342 wrote:
Hmmm...8-tracks to CDs? Sounds interesting, but can you copy 8-tracks that came apart at the splice, or that are showing the back side of the tape? Seems like all of my old 8-tracks ended up with one of these symptoms. At first I tried just removing the spool and playing it on a reel-to-reel.....but you hear programs 1 and 2 at the same time, and if you flip the tape over, you hear 3 and 4 at the same time going backwards! I still prefer vinyl - and vinyl is still in production! Nice to be able to buy an album recorded straight off of the 24-bit master, while all of the CD buyers have to listen to a 16-bit down-conversion! (Of course you do get the low rumble, the pops from all of the dust particles that seem to be drawn in by the record's tractor beam, and then the picture discs, which are more common now have a nasty paper-scratching sound, so I guess whichever format is best for you depends on what you can and can't tolerate).

If you 8 track is damaged, Kates 8 Track Shack can repair just about any 8 track problem for a very good price. You can visit their website at: www.katestrackshack.com they also supply repair supplies like tape, and rubber spools. Great site, and great service. Totally agree on vinyl being supreme! I wish more artists would get involved in having their music also put onto vinyl. I am busy on re-collecting all the beatles on vinyl again because mine were burnt in a house fire about 2 years ago. I have both the red and blue re-issue albums, which I think, have better sound reproduction then the originals but that may just be my ears. Ringo and Yoko Ono (Along with some other people) released a new Beatles album called "Love" which I cant wait to come out on vinyl next month. There is a good article about the album (which contains never before heard tracks) at www.wikipedia.org. If you have any more questions or comments, you can reply here or at my email: mccaffertyaudiotransfers@Gmail.com Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: