CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would you rather have new discs printed, or have new styli?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you rather have:
Newly printed discs with modern titles
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New reasonably priced styli
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

TGM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:45 am    Post subject: Would you rather have new discs printed, or have new styli? Reply with quote

If you had to choose between having new discs printed in 2024 with any title you want modern or old, or brand new readily available styli produced at reasonable prices, what would you choose and why?

Last edited by TGM on Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
jjones7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, that's a tough choice. Since the existing CED catalog is pretty broad, and since most new movies are awful, I'm gonna go with styli.

Still, that's tough since there are many older films I'd love to see on CED - Hammer and Amicus films, later 80s and 90s films, etc.

Tough call.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd def. go with syli,because without new ones eventually no player will work.The only thing I see as difficult is the very tip of the stylus but it seems like if they were originally made 50 years ago or whatever that they could be created today. For the main portion of the cart i see no problem making a real injection mold to create that and I could do that,I've built injection molds for about 30 years and still do general machining. I think it would just be a matter of finding someone who could make the stylus and by now there may be other ways to create the stylus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: